Zrtkat is in Chibougamau

zrtkat

Zrtkat is so far north in Quebec I think I  am actually  getting nervous. I  am happy we carry gas with us that one stretch no fuel for 170 km, 

Trails are awesome  we had a great day

20180217_123831.jpg

20180217_152251.jpg

20180217_152155.jpg

20180217_123832.jpg

20180217_123831.jpg

20180217_103636.jpg

Love the fox and B12 pics .... You know you're in Northern Quebec WHEN ..... :)

50 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

That's for sure denis :D

Looks like you are having a great trip!

Tomorrow you have a 100 miles of railbed then a wide mine road which has been very smooth each time we have been across it.There is fuel in Chapais / Desmaraisville and Lebel sur Quevillion. Not sure any or all are open on Sunday so it would likely be a good idea to fuel when you can. Trail 396 from Lebel sur Quevillion to Matagami is like the last part of the trail you were on today. There are no towns or villages so make sure to fuel in Lebel. There is a great little restaurant in Lebel across the road from the gas station,down the main drag a block or 2 and turn left. Its down 1 block on the right.

Really enjoying your reports, have a great ride Sunday.

19 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Looks like you are having a great trip!

Tomorrow you have a 100 miles of railbed then a wide mine road which has been very smooth each time we have been across it.There is fuel in Chapais / Desmaraisville and Lebel sur Quevillion. Not sure any or all are open on Sunday so it would likely be a good idea to fuel when you can. Trail 396 from Lebel sur Quevillion to Matagami is like the last part of the trail you were on today. There are no towns or villages so make sure to fuel in Lebel. There is a great little restaurant in Lebel across the road from the gas station,down the main drag a block or 2 and turn left. Its down 1 block on the right.

Really enjoying your reports, have a great ride Sunday.

Thanks all the Information that I get helps greatly, I am always worried about gas on the trail,any info on gas from Matigami to Val-dor???? I  think somebody said you have too get fuel a little ways out of Matigami or you will not have enough to get to Val-dor????

Thanks Greg 

amazing the things you will run across touring in quebec..And only in quebec..good memorys for sure,glad your trip is out doing last yrs guys..enjoy the adventure..and mostly the culture and the people you encounter on your journey:-D

15 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Thanks all the Information that I get helps greatly, I am always worried about gas on the trail,any info on gas from Matigami to Val-dor???? I  think somebody said you have too get fuel a little ways out of Matigami or you will not have enough to get to Val-dor????

Thanks Greg 

I don't remember there being any fuel (or anything else other than a warm up shack about 40 miles out) between Matagami and Saint Dominique-du-Rosaire (105 miles). There used to be fuel & food in Saint Dominique-du-Rosaire and gas 7 miles further south at Saint-Felix-de-Dalquier.  Sorry but I'm not sure if those are still there. I do know that there was gas and food there 3 years ago.There is gas in Amos at the east end just east of where trail 93 crosses Highway 111 for the second time. There is a trail back into the gas station off the main trail about 1 mile past the highway crossing.

You could continue east on Trail 93 and take Trail 313 south to Val-d-or. That way you would come into Val-d-or at the same end of town as the Forestel is at.

Sorry zrtcat. I had included a comment in the above regarding these businesses being open on Sunday. I just realized that you will be in this section on Monday. If the fuel food stops are still there they should be open. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I thought it was a reynard? :poke2:

I like my sledding, but that area is definitely a bit too far off the beaten path for me. Mind you there are/were some stretches in northern Ontario that would give you the same feeling. The old A105Q along Lac Abitibi, between Hornepayne & D'ville & most of old D16.

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

I thought it was a reynard? :poke2:

THIS is Reynard, or Renard to be precise ....

Image result for renard die another day images 

Archived