Perce' Gaspesie Lodgings

whits-end

All I know is when we were booking our rooms for our upcoming Gaspe trip I couldn’t get rooms in Perce at all, either places weren’t open or weren’t interested in booking rooms for sledders,  we ended up booking rooms in Chandler instead. 

We have found that many of the places to stay close for the winter in Perce.

What dates are you doing the Gaspe?

3 hours ago, whits-end said:

March 2 thru 12.

We will be just missing you by a couple of days. Have a great trip!!

From our 2014 trip. See if they are still open or in business. (No promises on my 2014 rating comment). 

Percé

Hotel La Cote Surprise, 1 418 782-2131

367, Route 132 Ouest, Percé, QC, G0C 2L0

Rooms = $89

Well rated hotel with dining area and bar.  cote.surprise@bmcable.ca

Just checked. Yes this is where getting fuel was interesting- the poorly marked T junction you had to go left into town, and then back track to hotel. (Good news was buying beer at gas station.) Verify both hotel and gas station...

If you are doing the Loop to say you did, as we did, enjoy. When we go back, we will stay on the North shore..After Perce, pretty boring compared to North shore.

Some Videos on my youtube channel ApexLTX56 from Gaspe trip...

image.thumb.png.920f4442131034c237abcdc29f43d100.png

image.thumb.png.ffa44fc2335a27124dfaa12ea38a342a.png

49 minutes ago, whits-end said:

Thanks guys.  Cote Surprise is closed now in winter.  But we did find Auberge/Restaurant La Table Roland in Perce, so we're giving it a try this trip.  Website looks very good.

Great that you found a place. Did you find fuel? 

There is no fuel in Perce during the winter months.  I did the loop last year and you need to pay attention as some of the areas do not mark very well for fuel and many of the Relays we visited in 06 were not open last year.

We started in RDL, rode to Amqui for the 1st night.

2nd day we rode to Mt St Pierre

3rd night was on to Perce.

4th night was in New Richmond after a day of riding in the rain.

5th night was in Matane - we rode across the peninsula thru the mountains

6th night we were back in RDL 

Thanks Sno_twister.   We assumed fuel would be available in Perce, since it was in 2011.   Rule #1: Never assume.  Rule #2: When unfamiliar,  never pass a gas station.

We'll be coming south down Trail 597 from Murdochville, then north on Trail 5 to Perce, so we'll pass gas at Pabos, Grande Riviere, and St Therese de Gaspe.  Also there will be fuel available there.

Tourisme Perce has been very helpful.

Archived