Yamaha Sidewinder ski swap

snowman

I'm hoping that some of you here on this forum have a Yamaha Sidewinder, and have some experience with swapping out the skis with aftermarkets.

As most of you at this time of year i am looking at my sled thinking that i would like to do an upgrade on my stock skis on my SW XTX-141.    I Managed to get around 4500km on the stock ski's last year but looking to get something that is a bit more trail friendly for this year, and a bit less darty.   I have seen a few machines that have been running pilots and a friend of mine is putting some cat skis on his SW-129 this year as he found the same reasons for the change.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated from anybody that has done a swap, including how easy the swap was and if any specific bumpers or shims were needed?

Drastic improvement with the Pilot 5.7s I ran last year! Like any machine however, proper set up is key. Even with the Pilots installed, it took a few hours of suspension adjustment to get them running the way I liked. Shimming is key here! Just picked up a pair of 6.9s this week and will try them this winter. I hear the extra width makes a difference also.

I will PM you with a link.

Yes it looked like your SW was going well last year the one time we rode together........i am edging towards the Pilots.   where did you pick up yours?  did you have to order them in?  let me know if you run into any problems with the install........

I'm going to go with the Cat skis and a set of Bergstroms on them. 

A buddy has a T-Cat and the difference is night and day with the SW.

I f you put Cat skis on, you also need to change to Cat rubber snubbers.  They are different in how they fit in the pocket in the ski.

BP

Get the Curves xs skis with the mounting kit which includes the rubber, start with slim jims carbide, zero darting, total confidence through the turns. Imo don't waste your time or money with any other ski (except maybe the Cat ski)  if you go with the Curves and we're happy with your sled set up, don't change a thing, go out ride it then make small changes. More than likely the changes you'll be making will be reducing ski pressure, only reason I say this is with the Curve's is becouse you can, almost zero ski pressure and they turn on a dime.

Archived