Giving Back

shawnj

I wonder how man businesses that reap the rewards from us sledders give back to the local clubs.  Ive always wondered that and especially when I am riding in another area away from home.

Im sure if it wasn't for us sledders a lot of businesses would either not stay open in the winter or the income would be much less.  There is a hotel right near where I live and I counted 59 sleds in the parking lot last night (sunday night).  It would be nice to know they supported the clubs in one way or another.  I guess being a map sponsor is one way of doing that???   I know Ive talked to some owners in years past, both small restaurants and accommodation facilities and they said they were actually loosing money by staying open or staffing for the unknown, which in those cases I can understand.  

11 hours ago, Owls Nest Lodge said:

Well we decided to close a iffy winter biz to save a falling apart snowmobile club,  not every one will or can do this extreme. But it has worked well for both us and the club, But that's why we don't do maps any more,

Good on you guys.

12 hours ago, Owls Nest Lodge said:

Well we decided to close a iffy winter biz to save a falling apart snowmobile club,  not every one will or can do this extreme. But it has worked well for both us and the club, But that's why we don't do maps any more,

What do u do with your spare time then Rich??-_-

Archived