What a weekend !!!

soupkids

So the wife and I decided last minute to go to camp for the weekend, leave Friday come home Sunday, nice cheep weekend with a little riding as well.

You will notice cheep is highlighted, not so, more on that later.

had an appointment t 10 am Friday to get my dressing changed then home for groceries then off to camp by 1 ish, again not so.

appointment finished groceries finished, sleds loaded, trailer connected, lights work, and then it started.

Passenger window jumped the track and is now all the way down, grrrrrr, remove door panel and get window back up, 2 hrs and some blood spilled, staying that way till sometime this week.

On the way to camp, got in about 5:30, warm the place up, some burgers and a few drinks, off to bed.

Saturday morning, breakfast and then off for a little ride, wifes first ride of the year.

We are less than a mile from camp and not even to the trail yet and the day starts off, I stop to look at deer tracks, meanwhile the wife is looking for deer in the bush, you guessed it, WHAM (not the music group).

Take a quick look at both sleds, everything looks ok, off we go to have lunch in town.

Lunch was good, trails sucked ass. lets not go back to camp the way we came, 2nd mistake of the day.

Trails got worse (worse was yet top come), next too communities the groomed trail leads you in, but no idea how to get out !!!!!

And then the trails got worse yet from ungroomed sections to wet muddy flooded areas, keep in mind wifes first ride and she only does a couple a year.

Now its getting dark and we are both wet and getting cold (thankfully it wasn't cold out) and still a ways to get to camp which will be cold as well.

Now we have to deal with deer on the trail and LOTS of them, stupid things won't move off the trail (where where they in hunting season!!!!)

get back to camp, dinner and bed.

Sunday, wife has to shovel the roof of the camp off as I can't do it, boy is she happy now !!!!

Get to the truck, load the machined and off we go, hmmmmm, something does not look right on the 16 axys, don't think the rear heat exchanger is supposed to be bent down that much, hmmmmm.

Monday, look at a new machine to see the heat exchanger, you guessed it, FUBAR, not leaking but really bent, 80 deg angle now vs 20 on a new one, order heat exchanger, $400.

Last time I try a CHEEP weekend away

FML

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

So the wife and I decided last minute to go to camp for the weekend, leave Friday come home Sunday, nice cheep weekend with a little riding as well.

You will notice cheep is highlighted, not so, more on that later.

had an appointment t 10 am Friday to get my dressing changed then home for groceries then off to camp by 1 ish, again not so.

appointment finished groceries finished, sleds loaded, trailer connected, lights work, and then it started.

Passenger window jumped the track and is now all the way down, grrrrrr, remove door panel and get window back up, 2 hrs and some blood spilled, staying that way till sometime this week.

On the way to camp, got in about 5:30, warm the place up, some burgers and a few drinks, off to bed.

Saturday morning, breakfast and then off for a little ride, wifes first ride of the year.

We are less than a mile from camp and not even to the trail yet and the day starts off, I stop to look at deer tracks, meanwhile the wife is looking for deer in the bush, you guessed it, WHAM (not the music group).

Take a quick look at both sleds, everything looks ok, off we go to have lunch in town.

Lunch was good, trails sucked ass. lets not go back to camp the way we came, 2nd mistake of the day.

Trails got worse (worse was yet top come), next too communities the groomed trail leads you in, but no idea how to get out !!!!!

And then the trails got worse yet from ungroomed sections to wet muddy flooded areas, keep in mind wifes first ride and she only does a couple a year.

Now its getting dark and we are both wet and getting cold (thankfully it wasn't cold out) and still a ways to get to camp which will be cold as well.

Now we have to deal with deer on the trail and LOTS of them, stupid things won't move off the trail (where where they in hunting season!!!!)

get back to camp, dinner and bed.

Sunday, wife has to shovel the roof of the camp off as I can't do it, boy is she happy now !!!!

Get to the truck, load the machined and off we go, hmmmmm, something does not look right on the 16 axys, don't think the rear heat exchanger is supposed to be bent down that much, hmmmmm.

Monday, look at a new machine to see the heat exchanger, you guessed it, FUBAR, not leaking but really bent, 80 deg angle now vs 20 on a new one, order heat exchanger, $400.

Last time I try a CHEEP weekend away

FML

So basically a very normal weekend. ... matches the rest of us. ... bummer on the exchanger ... I was gonna say I knew where there is a good used one , but Nunz pooched that on New years eve. ..

cheap weekend never have panned out for me either!

the only cheap weekend that has gone as planned was stay home and do nothing

14 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

the only cheap weekend that has gone as planned was stay home and do nothing

X2

29 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Even that doesn't go to plan sometimes.

The only time that it doesn't go to plan is when my vision of doing nothing at home is different from my wife's vision of me doing nothing at home. A couple of days ago as she heads out the door to go play with her horse she says, "there's a list of things on the coffee table you could do while I'm out". Loose translation. could - I expect you to

I understand but believe it or not my wife normally doesn't do a honey do list. She has a hard enough time trying to get done the things she puts on herself. It is my kids, friends, relatives, and neighbours who seem to keep me on the run and suck up my time.

10 hours ago, 02Sled said:

The only time that it doesn't go to plan is when my vision of doing nothing at home is different from my wife's vision of me doing nothing at home. A couple of days ago as she heads out the door to go play with her horse she says, "there's a list of things on the coffee table you could do while I'm out". Loose translation. could - I expect you to

My list is on the refrigerator.

Archived