Does anyone else have problems wit the interactive trail guide ?

Pstn head

I find the ofsc trail guide to be glitchy and half way through trying to plan a trip with some "POI's" it seems to overload then shut down and start up again with everything I had mapped out erased. It's very frustrating !!!

I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer and not having any challenges at all. I recently mapped out a 270 km loop from Port Severn to Deerhurst and back adding and deleting various routes in the process.

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I had Internet Explorer at the shop and I couldn't get anywhere with it.

Problem with IE is it requires updates so often and if it doesn't get them, it stops loading a lot of the plug-ins that allow sites like the interactive trail guide work. 

Chrome and others don't rely on Microsoft's update system so they don't have the issues.

47 minutes ago, dweese said:

Problem with IE is it requires updates so often and if it doesn't get them, it stops loading a lot of the plug-ins that allow sites like the interactive trail guide work. 

Chrome and others don't rely on Microsoft's update system so they don't have the issues.

Chrome gets updated all the time. Maybe you're just not seeing them happen. I see notifications for it frequently on my cell phone. I don't auto update anything on the laptop or PC but do an auto check for updates for all systems, security, Adobe etc. monthly then decide which ones to install. The majority of updates I get from Microsoft are security patches which are updated weekly.

I'v given up on IE and use Chrome on my phone and PC's

I wonder if the OP hasn't updated Internet Explorer to the level required by the interactive guide (as many of you have mentioned). I had a similar issue last  season.  Finally migrated to Chrome.  

9 hours ago, soupkids said:

I'v given up on IE and use Chrome on my phone and PC's

100% this. Had to give up on IE a couple years ago.

ITG has worked fine all summer and fall. I've been doing a large mapping project for one of the local clubs which has required me to use the ITG, Crown Land Atlas and regional online maps. I'm sure the amount of times I've visited the site in the last few months has completely skewed at least one of their metrics!

I don't generally visit the IGT till it starts to snow.

Archived