WTB Steel Channel for Sled Trailer

whits-end

Looking for steel channel.  Only need 2 pieces each of 2 profiles.  All about 0.080" thick, 11' long.  First profile is 2" high and kind of  'C' shape.  Second is 3-!/2" high and kind of 'Z' shape.

Anyone know of a shop that can shear and bend a small quantity like this?

Thanks

Not sure where you are, but have you tried 'Metal Supermarkets' (http://metalsupermarkets.com/)? I've had luck in the past with them and the pricing was fair.

Good Luck

Elma Steel  could likely get it.  They have a location in Owen Sound, Listowel or Cambridge.  It is a bit of a drive.  Call 519 291 1388, and ask to talk to Thomas  if you need to go that far

Yup...

The difference between retail and wholesale is actually scary. It's enough to discourage a project based on cost.

Happily, I have a contact now, an excellent fabricator , too. Works in his dad's old school machine shop.

He has literally saved me as much as 1/2 on projects.

If you're within screaming distance of Ottawa, and need a hand, let me know.

Bought metal from Tom Earl welding@equipment repair when i built a new trailer a few years ago. Located at 745 Muskoka rd # 3. Telephone # 705-789-7306. Or the welding shop at Melissa might sell you what you need. They are called MacDonald Machining@ Industrial Services Inc.Telephone # 705-789-8607. Had these guys do some aluminum welding on my skidframe a year ago.   

The phone book is your friend. Start looking for laser cutting services, then fabrication services and then welding services. Most shops offering laser cutting also have full break and fabrication services as well. They can make you anything you want. I just had a cover laser cut for me by Novatek in Cambridge. I'm sure there should be somebody close to you. Your local welding shop should be able to put you on to the closest people with the right equipment if they can't do it themselves.

I used to get phone books and Yellow Pages delivered to the house regularly. I haven't seen one in a very long time. Do they still print them? I guess they have gone the way of the TV Guide that I used to have a subscription to. Damn I'm feeling old.

Archived