Bancroft or Huntsville?

coolbane

We are thinking of doing one last grind this weekend. North of Huntsville and North of Bancroft still show open. I've already be burned by 'open' trails a few times this year, LOL.

Does anyone have any information regarding actual trail conditions from yesterday or today in these areas? I can guess just as well as everyone else but I'm hoping someone has actually been out or driven by the trail heads. 

Thanks.

Yup, Huntsville

The Seguin between Parry Sound and Kearney was in pretty good shape when I finished running it around noon Wednesday. I tried the top of 95 and it had adequate snow but was very bumpy near the junction of D. I don't know how much things have deteriorated since then.

post-22473-0-83184800-1457587013_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-72425200-1457587051_thumb.jpg

Rain all the way north to Earlton.

Almaguin still has lots of snow on the trails but roads are done, lots of internal riding left when it gets cooler. Pretty mushy right now, if it gets colder soon enough we will groom again but not looking good.

I doubt either makes the weekend.. 

Bancroft is looking at +8 today and +12 tomorrow, Huntsville is only a few ticks cooler..  

OFSC

I rode 42 kms around Port Sydney this morning on "yellow" trails D, 50, and 56. I do not recommend any of it.

I had an excuse, because I was leaving a sled at Arnie's for summerizing.

We chickened on OFSC today and rode Hali Forest instead. It was actually pretty good and busy in there. 125 miles with a high of +12 was pretty cool.

Scary icy and rutted first thing and then quite good when it warmed up. Some deep water cuts to catch the unwary and very very bare spots. Most area had good base so it would prob be OK for another day or 2.

Judging from conditions, north of Bancroft may still be OK as well.

post-23206-0-70317100-1457840568_thumb.jpeg

post-23206-0-41422200-1457840639_thumb.jpeg

Archived