Trip Planned Feb 15-18, Need Advice

mgooding

Hi,

I was hoping to do the RAP tour, but I had to change my plans.  The plan now is:

Day 1, head from Whitney to Deep River and stay at the Bear's Den.  

Day 2, head from Deep River to South River and stay at the Northridge Inn & Resort on Bernard Lake.

Day 3, head back to Deep River and stay at the Bear's Den.

Day 4, head back to Whitney.

If anyone has suggestions on where to launch in Whitney, restaurants to stop at, trails to take or anything it would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Just an FYI....make Reservations.  I phoned up to the Bears Den to get a room for a week from now, and I literally got the last room!!!

Everyone has the same idea!

Just an FYI....make Reservations.  I phoned up to the Bears Den to get a room for a week from now, and I literally got the last room!!!

Everyone has the same idea!

Thanks.  Already booked!

Just saw Whitney to Barry's Bay is limited :(

Notice Bernard lake trail is still red

Does any one now if it is being used to get into Sundridge?

I read on another forum that some guy said he ran it like 3 weekends ago. I am probably going to.

I read on another forum that some guy said he ran it like 3 weekends ago. I am probably going to.

Y'ah that's a great idea after all no one is going through the ice these days!

Y'ah that's a great idea after all no one is going through the ice these days!

Just heard on the news that it's going to get real cold for Friday night through Saturday with a HIGH of -21 for Barrie for Saturday. I am guessing there will be somebody that decides with it being that cold the ice must be good to ride now.

A couple of Thursdays ago a guy went through the ice on Bernard. It has not been spectacularly cold since then. It can be a slushy lake at best of times (which, I know, is not an ice depth indicator) but getting stuck in slush on 12 inches of ice is better than getting stuck on 4". I'm not on Bernard without a stake line.

Archived