Mama was right!!!!

sledjunk

Remember when you were a kid and had measles or chicken pox?  What did Mama always say? 

"Don't scratch it!  It will only get worse!"

Right?  Well I never listened, and had that adage proven to me again yesterday.

OF7 and I headed off to Kinmount to ride the rail line to Haliburton.  Livin' and Teener offered their place as a staging area for us, even though they were busy with other things in the morning.

We arrived got unloaded and dressed.  It sure felt good to get back on the sled again.

The trails were in excellent shape and despite a few technical difficulties with some new equipment (my glasses were fogging in the new helmet, solved my removing a small breath deflector, and a couple of bluetooth GPS issues, still to be resolved) we had a great ride to Haliburton for lunch at McKeck's (sp?)  I wasn't much of a fan of the stairs, but the food was good.

We then rode back down to Kinmount, stopped in to see if we could meet our host and hostess (we had been talking and texting back and forth).  No luck so we rode some more.  Turns out that we did pass them on the trails, but by the time that Livin' saw us, we were by.

We arrived back at our staging area to be informed that we were staying for dinner along with some other friends and neighbours.  Teener served a lovely roast beef dinner with all the fixings.

After a great day of riding and a delicious dinner with friends, both old and new, we headed home.

Now, back to my original point.  Our 175 Km ride yesterday allowed us to "scratch the itch", but now it is back with a vengeance!    We will either have to quit sledding (not likely) or continue scratching. 

Plans are to head out somewhere Friday :-)

A huge thank you to Livin' and Teener and to all of the folks at HCSA for a great day of riding!

OMG Sledjunk you are too funny!!  Glad you were able to scratch the itch.  LOL

Glad to see that had a good time.

Momma was right - I thought that this had something to do with always wearing clean underwear, 'cause doctors in Pefferlaw are fussy :-P

Glad you guys got out. Lookin' forward to OF7's feedback on the new Apex' suspension as the seaon progresses.

A very gracious host and hostess; thank you Livin' and Teener. A great day breaking in the new ride. Canuck, I am happy to report on the single shot as the season moves along. Heres to this coming Friday....... :D

What a great start to the season! Seen quite a few OCer's up our way already and it seems a good time was had by all. Dinner with you guys was a great time and we look forward to doing it again!

Livin'

I was also up there yesterday, three of us in our group. Lunch at McKeck's as well.  Trails were in great shape. We started North of
Fenelon Falls.

Archived