WTB -- 5.7 Pilot Skis for Renegade

irREVerent

Still looking for 5.7 Pilots in good shape to replace the Precision skis on my '05 Renegade...with or without carbides, don't need the hoops. Prefer black, but red OK as well.

If you've got any new take-offs or lightly-used spares ('07 or newer) gathering dust in the garage which you'd like to sell, send me a PM, thanks.

irREVerent

• 8 months later...

Go look at Dootalk classified, lots of guys selling complete Pilot take-offs.

Thanks for the tip, Dom...I did have a look at the DT classifieds, and the Pilots I saw were virtually all out of the U.S. I don't want to get into shipping/customs hassle, so I'm trying to confine my search to Canada, and more specifically Ontario. Something will turn up...I've already got a couple of alternative irons in the fire.

irREV

why do you need new ones?

Try the old flex skiis, they run the best!

Thanks, UTS...I'm looking at Pilots because I need carbides all around anyway, so I thought I'd swap the skis at the same time. I prefer the handling of Pilots to Precisions, on a REV.

As for Flex skis, I had thought about them as well...but not so easy to find a pair that's still in good shape, and I wasn't sure I wanted to go back to a single keel from the standpoint of darting and steering effort...because REV's are so front-heavy.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks, UTS...I'm looking at Pilots because I need carbides all around anyway, so I thought I'd swap the skis at the same time. I prefer the handling of Pilots to Precisions, on a REV.

As for Flex skis, I had thought about them as well...but not so easy to find a pair that's still in good shape, and I wasn't sure I wanted to go back to a single keel from the standpoint of darting and steering effort...because REV's are so front-heavy.

What are your thoughts?

If you still have the old Precisions ? i am looking for a used pair in decent shape

I also have a pair of used Doo flex skis that are in decent shape i no longer need

MM

What are your thoughts?

If you still have the old Precisions ? i am looking for a used pair in decent shape

I also have a pair of used Doo flex skis that are in decent shape i no longer need

MM

Hey, MM...maybe we could do a swap...I'll send you a PM.

irREV

What are your thoughts?

I changed my precisions which are absolute junk to the single carbide Flex ski. I like the fact that you can put 3", 6" or 9" carbides on them. That way, I know if I want the damn thing to turn it will! I find the rev's are so susceptible to setup, that they are night and day once setup properly.

I had the flex skiis on my 440 and then didnt put them on my 800 and that friggin 800 would steer worth a poop! The new dragon has single keel skiis and I forgot how good they were!

I also do like a very aggressive skii and I find that steering effort once underway is very easy no matter what.

Thanks

What are your thoughts?

I changed my precisions which are absolute junk to the single carbide Flex ski. I like the fact that you can put 3", 6" or 9" carbides on them. That way, I know if I want the damn thing to turn it will! I find the rev's are so susceptible to setup, that they are night and day once setup properly.

I had the flex skiis on my 440 and then didnt put them on my 800 and that friggin 800 would steer worth a poop! The new dragon has single keel skiis and I forgot how good they were!

I also do like a very aggressive skii and I find that steering effort once underway is very easy no matter what.

Thanks

Thanks UTS...I appreciate the feedback.

Is there any special mounting hardware required?...or do they slip right on the REV spindle...and use the same rubber block?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Thanks UTS...I appreciate the feedback.

Is there any special mounting hardware required?...or do they slip right on the REV spindle...and use the same rubber block?

No they will bolt right up!

Thanks for the tip, Dom...I did have a look at the DT classifieds, and the Pilots I saw were virtually all out of the U.S. I don't want to get into shipping/customs hassle, so I'm trying to confine my search to Canada, and more specifically Ontario. Something will turn up...I've already got a couple of alternative irons in the fire.

irREV

I had a set shipped out of the US, did not even have a customs Charge :)

I am thinking about putting Curve skis on my 04 GadeX, if I do the Pilots will be for sale in excellent ncondition.I would go with blue curves and yellow loops.

Jim

Hey, GM (Jim) -- thanks for the response. I'm working on a possible swap for some older Flex skis, but in case that doesn't pan out, I'll be in touch, as I would then be potentially interested in your Pilots. (I'll let you know)

Meantime, can you PM me with answers to the following:

- your location (right in Orangeville?)

- what price are you thinking of?

- age/mileage on the skis?

- what shape are the carbides in? (and do you have the outside carbides as well as the centre ones?)

- with or without your yellow hoops? (I already have red ones, so I don't really need yours)

Thanks.

irREV (Bob)

Archived