New Liskard to Timmins

kimrr

Can any one tell me if the trail from N L to Timmins will be open. I looked at the map and it shows red North of New Liskard. Plan on heading out of N L Saturday morning.

Thanks

Oh boy I really hope that's a glitch. Or temporary closer. Hopefully not plowed or any major washouts. 

Edit- Golden corridor snowdrifters said on face book they groomed from Bourkes rd to butler lake and that is more then half of that red section so I think something is just a bit funky. 

Our club just groomed the A trail north of KL up to Butler Lake Truck stop (no gas-closed) so I know that section should not be red.  Across hwy 11 the trail now runs a road around Butler Lake so maybe the gravel road is bare.

I knew UF would have a good answer ....

Our club just groomed the A trail north of KL up to Butler Lake Truck stop (no gas-closed) so I know that section should not be red.  Across hwy 11 the trail now runs a road around Butler Lake so maybe the gravel road is bare.

The road you are referring to was pure ice with  an inch or so of loose snow covering it last Friday.

The road you are referring to was pure ice with  an inch or so of loose snow covering it last Friday.

Do you know how long of a road rash it is? 

Do you know how long of a road rash it is?

Guestimate only of 7 km

Call TATA office, see info below from www.tata-bestsnowmobiling.com website, I hope it's still valid as the office has moved to Timmins I thinks.  They should be able to help.

Timiskaming Abitibi Trail Association     con_address.png P.O. Box 1144 Kirkland Lake Ontario P2N 3M7 Canada
con_tel.png (705) 567-2088 con_fax.png (705) 268-7547
con_info.png Toll Free: 1-888-828-2766

Call TATA office, see info below from www.tata-bestsnowmobiling.com website, I hope it's still valid as the office has moved to Timmins I thinks.  They should be able to help.

Timiskaming Abitibi Trail Association     con_address.png P.O. Box 1144 Kirkland Lake Ontario P2N 3M7 Canada

con_tel.png (705) 567-2088 con_fax.png (705) 268-7547

con_info.png Toll Free: 1-888-828-2766

Yeah I tried a few times and got nothing. I'm sure we won't be the only one's risking it. Already a few posts on facebook of people needing to make it back to their truck in Kirkland or New Liskeard.

This was posted on the facebook post about the trail section from a local it looks like.

Patrick Crickard We are on a road about 10km from that location and that section of road is good. Can't seeing it be overly bad.

Like · Reply · 

I'm going for a ride, let you now in an hour.

Your a good man sir. 

All is good. A little icy but big snow banks for lube. Red trail must be elsewhere.

Thanks for the info and going out and checking. Hopefully all is good beyond the road running. 

Back to green. Wah hoo.

Archived