WANTED TO BUY -- replacement leaf spring/ski for Ski-Boose

irREVerent

My brother-in-law owns a small lodge in Temagami, and is an avid hunter/trapper/guide.  He tows a converted Ski-Boose as a "work trailer" behind his utility snowmobile when running his trapline.  He broke one of the ski leaf springs on it the other day while running down the lake, and called me to ask if I know anyone who might have an old Ski-Boose with a replacement spring he could buy (I don't.)  He would either buy just the spring (2" wide X 27" long from pin-to-pin), or the entire ski/spring assembly.

Or, he might even buy the whole Ski-Boose, of the price is right.

So, if any of you has (or know someone else who has) a 1970's-vintage Ski-Boose which is surplus to your/their needs, he would love to hear from you...please contact him directly.

His contact information is as follows:

Doug Adams
Northland Paradise Lodge, Temagami
ph: (705) 569-3791
email: paradise at onlink.net

Best guy that I know with that information (on here) is Drivebelt. Hopefully he chimes in on this one.

I have a pair of skis but don't remember if there are leaf springs on them or not.  I'll shovel them out this weekend if you don't find anything else a little closer.  I wish I knew on the weekend as we had to take a trip to Sudbury Sunday and we always stop in Temagami for a snack and Carole's "20 minute" break.

I've got one, but I've got plans for it ..... full restoration, this summer ..... sorry, but he can admire the photos I put up when it's done .... :P

I have a pair of skis but don't remember if there are leaf springs on them or not. I'll shovel them out this weekend if you don't find anything else a little closer. I wish I knew on the weekend as we had to take a trip to Sudbury Sunday and we always stop in Temagami for a snack and Carole's "20 minute" break.

UF, could you have a look at your old skis and see if they do have leaf springs? (of the right size.). If so, could you email Doug directly to advise him, sort out a price, and ask him how he'd like to get it/them from you? I'm in Quebec sledding for the next week and can't stick-handle things from here. Thanks.

Archived