Ox Narrows

none

Just a quick note to inform all who ride in Haliburton area.  As some are aware ; Ox Narrows has reopened with owners Rick and Brenda.

Old news maybe , but what is the good news is  -- the food is superb in my opinion. Service is fast and friendly , LLBO  , .

The old place has really been cleaned up and looks and feels good. 

We all still miss the Ron & Dianna days, but, these guys are doin' it right too !  

All we really need is  to complete the visit  is to be able to buy gas , Rick is working on it.

I agree, Rick and Brenda are great hosts. Nice to have the Ox back in business.

We ate the day of the vintage show. Burger was homemade & I had a Montreal smoked meat sammich. Both were good. We timed it just in time as it filled up @ noon.

• 3 weeks later...

Had lunch at Ox Narrows last Friday.

Food was delicious...great portions and friendly service.

I will not go back to the Firehouse...food was bad and the service was even worse..

Tried them again last year with the same result

W/ Ox Narrows reopening & getting good reviews The Firehouse had better shape up or they'll be out of business.

Where is this place? Riding on HCSA I saw nothing but signs but never found it...

Its on Kushog at the bridge, across the road from the Firehouse.

Wild Bill -take note --  Lou Moore will be playing at Ox Narrows on Mar .!4 . !   ahh the memories of a past life ! 

For any who don't know Lou ;  he's as popular as snow up there and hasn't played at Ox Narrows for a long time

Catch his show  you won't be sorry. 

Its on Kushog at the bridge, across the road from the Firehouse.

On Hwy 35 @ the west side of the bridge. TOP B is the trail thru there.

Actually, Top B used to cross at the bridge. Top B now crosses Kushog north of the bridge.

Actually, Top B used to cross at the bridge. Top B now crosses Kushog north of the bridge.

Would explain why I never saw it

I just checked the map. I guess that was changed since last year. Any reason why? 

Wild Bill -take note --  Lou Moore will be playing at Ox Narrows on Mar .!4 . !   ahh the memories of a past life ! 

For any who don't know Lou ;  he's as popular as snow up there and hasn't played at Ox Narrows for a long time

Catch his show  you won't be sorry. 

It will be a great show 

I believe that MOT had an issue with safety where it crossed at the bridge. The re-route was done last year but not until the maps were done so it didn't show up on the trail map until this year. It is now much easier to cross Hwy 35 and the re-route is an improvement to the B.

• 2 months later...

When I was @ the vintage show in Jan', sleds were still crossing the highway on the west side of the bridge.

Archived