D14 A110Q

14 snow

I know Ultrafrozen reported that this trail didn't open last winter.

I still see the trail on the 2015 TATA map.  Does anyone know this winter's status?

Update From TATA this morning:

That section of trail should be open this year weather permitting.  From what I know the club has full intentions of opening that trail.

The trail will be re-routed across Larder Lake travelling east of the community of Larder Lake and will exit the lake in Kearns (east of Virginia Town).  This portion of trail A110Q is located south of Hwy 66.  In Kearns, travel north and cross Hwy 66 to jump back on the old portion of A110Q to continue east to the Quebec border.  Signage is/will be in place.

Not sure if you can see the trail on this pic but these new maps will be located in five key locations coming into the Golden Corridor Snowdrifter club area.

https://www.facebook.com/GoldenCorridorSnowdrifters/photos/pb.406255092851808.-2207520000.1417819241./583210175156298/?type=1&theater

I may cross on the highway, but I'll never swim Kern River aggin.

My favourite trail in that area headed south along the border to New Liskeard.  Used to make a great 200 mile-ish day loop.  Too bad, hasn't been open for a number of years now.

That was before my trail riding days but I hear it was a great ride.  Some of the club guys were saying it was very difficult to open due to all the hills and swamps I think.

My favourite trail in that area headed south along the border to New Liskeard.  Used to make a great 200 mile-ish day loop.  Too bad, hasn't been open for a number of years now.

A108Q? Cross the Blanche by 569 around Hilliardton, if that's the one, it was an awesome trail.

I rode A108Q probably one of the last years it was open, it was great.

A110Q is interesting in the sense the mandate has been to get trails off lakes and they are putting it back on the lake.... anyway, thanks for the info.  I have ran Larder Lake from west to east as you are suggesting a few years back now.  None the less, glad it will be open again.

I rode A108Q probably one of the last years it was open, it was great.

A110Q is interesting in the sense the mandate has been to get trails off lakes and they are putting it back on the lake.... anyway, thanks for the info.  I have ran Larder Lake from west to east as you are suggesting a few years back now.  None the less, glad it will be open again

Too many issues with the overland trail - abandoned Hydro transmission line (10 yrs ago) and all the bridges need replacing, bad swamps and hills also make it hard to open.  An alternate trail was proposed but a lot of work needs to be done before that trail is up to sledding standards.

Will the groomer cross the lake Andre, or is it just staked and packed by the sleds ?  Groomed would be best, but ice thickness and  consistency might be an issue.

I'd be leery of the narrows, make sure to cross the hump far on either side of the narrows, the open water and thinner ice are to be wary of !

No grooming across the lake Denis but that doesn't mean locals won't volunteer to groom with ATVs or sleds.  We have a local guy grooming from Kearns east to the Quebec border with our small drag and his own vehicle.  Ice thickness will be monitored at the narrows for sure.

Archived