WATERLOO ROD & GUN SNOWMOBILE CLUB WING DING

Schnitzel dinner with all the trimming and dessert this Saturday at Waterloo R&G. Not sure of price this year but last year was $12.00. Too much food! Beverages all afternoon with meal at 6PM

Next Saturday the 21st is Wing Ding again.

Wing Ding this Saturday from 4-8 PM. Trail installation starts at 8:30 Am tomorrow so if anyone wants to work up a hunger, be at the R&G by 8:30

Wing Ding this Saturday from 4-8 PM. Trail installation starts at 8:30 Am tomorrow so if anyone wants to work up a hunger, be at the R&G by 8:30

Wings were awesome but the kicker was a bake sale with homemade 3" thick Carrot Cake at a buck a big slice

Hey there PLC   The better half asked if you could go back and get her some!! LOL    We're off now to that other R&G club for the Vegas Night.

Thought I might have a couple of bites left that I could share with LA but sadly I was wrong. Have fun at Vegas night. Bet

on 7

• 4 weeks later...

Wing ding this Saturday at the Waterloo Rod & Gun (Snowmobile club). 4PM to 8PM. Live Country music and great wings.

Wing ding this Saturday at the Waterloo Rod & Gun (Snowmobile club). 4PM to 8PM. Live Country music and great wings.

Does it fill up even when there Is no snow?

Does it fill up even when there Is no snow?

Does chicken crap make corn grow?

• Like 3

No! But they have to put it somewhere!

Not when you use shavings. It takes so much nitrogen to break them down. Trick is to compost first, but can take a year.

Not when you use shavings. It takes so much nitrogen to break them down. Trick is to compost first, but can take a year.

What type of shavings?

What type of shavings?

Obec premium MS out of Quebec!

Obec premium MS out of Quebec!

Cedar/pine/birch/ash? What type? Some are poisonous to plant life due to acidic count

Cedar/pine/birch/ash? What type? Some are poisonous to plant life due to acidic count

They are pure pine shavings! I believe cedar is poisonous to chickens too.

Pine is highly acidic and yes does require a huge amount of nitrogen to breakdown . Chicken poo has naturally occurring e-coli and salmonella. Can't see using chicken poo as any sort of fertilizer in a garden.

Each workday I pass a Mennonite farm that has 2 chicken barns. They also grow a lot of corn for silage. Their corn is always the tallest at any given time (after it becomes noticeable) that I see on any roadsides of the many that I travel. When I mentioned the tall corn to a reliable source in the AG industry, his first comment was "do they have chicken barns". When I replied yes, he said that chicken crap really makes corn grow well. We never talked about shavings.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Each workday I pass a Mennonite farm that has 2 chicken barns. They also grow a lot of corn for silage. Their corn is always the tallest at any given time (after it becomes noticeable) that I see on any roadsides of the many that I travel. When I mentioned the tall corn to a reliable source in the AG industry, his first comment was "do they have chicken barns". When I replied yes, he said that chicken crap really makes corn grow well. We never talked about shavings.

I just switched from straw to shavings. Main reason was birds perform better on shavings, when you run the barns full. Shavings are dryer and turn in the barn, so keeps bacteria counts down. The increase in bird performance over straw is enough to capture the whole costs of the shavings, plus darkling beetles can't thrive in it, so no need for insectide (another costs savings of about 300 for cycle). Straw is better for the land and doesn't consume as much nitrogen to break down.

Pine is highly acidic and yes does require a huge amount of nitrogen to breakdown . Chicken poo has naturally occurring e-coli and salmonella. Can't see using chicken poo as any sort of fertilizer in a garden.

Only should use composted chicken manure in a veggie garden. Needs at least three hit cycles to 150 F for 10 to 15 days per cycle. Then after the heat cycles are complete needs to compost down in a static pile for 3 months or so. Shavings everything takes longer, so I have just been selling it for now. I have a small 140 gallon insulated compost drum, I just bought in November. I have been putting daily mortalities in it. Heats to 150 F in a few days and stays there until I stopped adding birds and shavings. Three weeks after adding you can't even tell there were birds put in it, except for the bones. The end product currently is black and there are still lots of small flakes of shavings to break down. it is on it's cool down cycle now, 90 F or so and is ready to go into a static pile. I know there is a high demand for good quality, weed free safe compost. I am doing some experiments and testing before I expand this concept. I am just using it in flower beds and my moms garden for now. See how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...

Wing Ding tomorrow from 4-8PM at Waterloo R&G

I am sure it will be packed. Great wings for sure!

• 2 months later...

WING DING at Waterloo R&G tomorrow Saturday March 19th from 3-8PM. Great Wings/Live Country Music /Misc. Beverages

Come on out and try the 40 Creek Sauce.

• 3 weeks later...

Last WING Ding of the year Saturday April 16th at the Waterloo Rod & Gun. Great wings, beverages and live country music from 3-8PM.

Last WING Ding of the year Saturday April 16th at the Waterloo Rod & Gun. Great wings, beverages and live country music from 3-8PM.

What is turn out like, when there is no snow?

Seems like they always get a good turnout. A lot of people come for the wings and stay for the music.
  • Like 1