not so good news from northern ontario

skidooboy

Until it's a custom part and no where in Canada can you buy one.

To avoid the brokerage fees. #1 don't use UPS shipping. #2 there is a shipping place in Port Huron you can ship your package to. They hold it and charge you $5 each package. Not a bad deal if you really need something.

or post office works well

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until it's a custom part and no where in Canada can you buy one.

To avoid the brokerage fees. #1 don't use UPS shipping. #2 there is a shipping place in Port Huron you can ship your package to. They hold it and charge you $5 each package. Not a bad deal if you really need something.

Getting harder to avoid brokerage fee's in the US. I tried to order a new seat for my bike from Dennis Kirk but now they only ship UPS and with the Brokerage and shipping the seat was the same price out of Quebec. Many of the places in the US I used to order from and even stores on E-Bay include brokerage on the order and only ship UPS. When asked they say the rules or laws have changed!

I always shipped USPS and paid brokerage at the post office which was a very small fee compared to UPS. To put this in perspective I ordered a 30 dollar part and paid almost 30 bucks in brokerage to UPS. USPS ships it and I pay less then 10 bucks. Worst was when I tried to get a cover for the box of my truck. I had a trucker buddy going to the US and could pick it up for me no charge. Needed a broker to get it across the border so I called one in Manitoba, his fee was 200 dollars. With exchange at the time of 30 on the dollar ever with the free shipping I gave up and bought one here. Not the one I wanted but!

Bongo works well and I have used them on occasion to get around UPS.

UPS is an absolute rip off when importing!!!  Do not get scammed by there multiple high fees!

USPS, or use a border warehouse.

For eBay, there is now a service where brokerage,duties,taxes are included.  So in this case you will not get scammed by UPS as its all pre-paid.

UPS is an absolute rip off when importing!!!  Do not get scammed by there multiple high fees!

For eBay, there is now a service where brokerage,duties,taxes are included.  So in this case you will not get scammed by UPS as its all pre-paid.

I refuse to use UPS services across the border if that is the only way the vendor ships then I use another vendor 

Archived