HOW FAR NORTH TO SLED

thetorches

Hello, I'm in Oshawa. How far north do I have to go to ride tomorrow. If anyone was out today could you let me know what the conditions are like. Thanks.

Hello, I'm in Oshawa. How far north do I have to go to ride tomorrow. If anyone was out today could you let me know what the conditions are like. Thanks.

north bay Bonfield ,mattawa are all awesome riding with few to no roads to deal with! I just got home today,and there is someone from Port Perry who was asking about conditions all week. He just Facebooked me that it all I said and better!!

north bay Bonfield ,mattawa are all awesome riding with few to no roads to deal with! I just got home today,and there is someone from Port Perry who was asking about conditions all week. He just Facebooked me that it all I said and better!!

Hey, thanks for info. Anyone know of anything closer.

Did you check the ofsc website for trails that are open near you?

Rode Tory Hill to Harcourt today,the 600 series of trails & E trail were good. It's close for you so come early and enjoy what may be the last ride

of the season this far south.

LIVIN'

according to the ofsc trail status map for you - showing some green in Fenelon falls area - otherwise Barrie and Collingwood/Blue Mountain area

Did you check the ofsc website for trails that are open near you?

I checked website, but not sure how up to date or how accurate they are.

Rode Tory Hill to Harcourt today,the 600 series of trails & E trail were good. It's close for you so come early and enjoy what may be the last ride

of the season this far south.

LIVIN'

Ok. Thanks.

Started at the Seguin in Parry Sound this morning. Very good in the morning. Rode up the D123 just before Kearney. Trail was great. Roads were icey but better than bare. Did the 303 back to Sand Lake. Awsome!. Went to the ice caves and ripped around all those trails in the hills. Conditions were perfect.

headed back to Sequin through Kearney itself which was brutal (bumps) until we go back on the Sequin then it smoothed out again. Not as good as the morning but still good. Last ride for the season 267km awesome.

btw when we were leaving the Gas station in Parry Sound we saw the groomer headed on to the Sequin. So tomorrow morning it will be nice.

Have a good one.

Welcome to OC Simple & thanks for the update. Hope to see you here next season.

Simple: Thank you for the detailed update. You have helped me plan today's ride.

Simple: Thank you for the detailed update. You have helped me plan today's ride.

Blake, when the heck are you getting back to work.  LOL   Just kidding, we hope you get many more miles of smiles.  Sure wish we could still be up there.  Darn it anyways!!! :right_on:

Has a great time up in Mattawa with Nunz & Sledjunk.

Still plenty of snow left up there and the trails were fantastic.

I left Petrocan at Highway 400 at 9 a.m. this morning (Sunday) and arrived at the cut off to the ice caves on D trail north of Kearney at 11 a.m. I then turned around, even though the trails were tremendous in the Almaguin zone, and returned via the same route, . I stopped for a good lunch in Sprucedale and then explored trails 201 and 204 just before arriving back at Petrocan. Conditions were better than I expected.

In the map below I applied small green and yellow squares to give my personal rating of the trails. Most of the route was very good, especially between the two black circles, which was the part that was freshly groomed. The grooming extended from Petrocan to the junction of Seguin and D, but eastward from there the Seguin was still pretty good until around Highway 11. From there the trail had quite a few moguls, especially through Kearney, but things improved again east of Kearney. Once I entered the Almaguin zone the trails were absolutely great. There was no dirt or road rash in any of the area I rode today. 

I would think things will be very much the same tomorrow (Monday) but who knows what will happen after Tuesday's predicted rain. As of right now there is still a very good base and lots of snow. The yellow stretches are caused by lack of grooming, not lack of snow. (I'm not saying that grooming would be justified so late in the season, due to the cost and low volume of sledders. LOL)

212 kilometres.

post-22473-0-26774800-1396213737_thumb.jpg

Archived