This weekend

SkiDooStu

So my family is ticked off at me for heading up north this weekend because it's going to snow so much here in SW Ontario. But the reason I'm heading up -2- Parry Sound is because I want to be able to actually ride on Saturday. It's going to be a blizzard in SW Ontario and much clearer up North. Anyone agree/disagree with my reasoning here?

I think it will depend on where you are located in Ontario as to how much of a "blizzard" you will get. I think your logic is a sound one GE. We are getting "some" snow up this way - approx 5cms. The further north you go from the GTA the less snow there will be accompanying this storm. The heaviest snowfall amounts will be down in SW Ontario (Niagara Penn) and eastern Ontario sometime Saturday afternoon through to evening. Most likely the trails will not be groomed during this timeframe. If you want good riding the "head north young man...head north!". JMO

Have a great weekend!

:wavey:

Ok good.... I was told by a Strathroy Club member that they have decided not to groom again anyway. This is yet another reason why I buy my trail permit from South Seguin. I have no problem volunteering in strathroy because i use these trails, but I don't pay my trail permit for them to generate a surplus year after year and give it to charity. I give to charity when I choose to. There should be a regulation that if your club has a surplus, it goes to a slush fund and is then spread out. "Revenue sharing" we'll call it. Hopefully I didn't ruffle any feathers here too much..

Ok good.... I was told by a Strathroy Club member that they have decided not to groom again anyway. This is yet another reason why I buy my trail permit from South Seguin. I have no problem volunteering in strathroy because i use these trails, but I don't pay my trail permit for them to generate a surplus year after year and give it to charity. I give to charity when I choose to. There should be a regulation that if your club has a surplus, it goes to a slush fund and is then spread out. "Revenue sharing" we'll call it. Hopefully I didn't ruffle any feathers here too much..

Thank you for your support the clubs in the "middle" (cottage country) are always in need of support and volenteers . We get lots of traffic but too often folks buy thier permits in the south and wonder why more can't be done with the trails.

I think your logic is sound.

But I have a hard time believing we're going to get any kind of blizzard here. They're only calling for 5cms of snow.

20-25 cms as of 20 minutes ago!

I just passed the South Seguin groomer at Timmies/Infocenter an hour ago....our pass $$ at work lol.

Another winter Wallop threatens spring forward weekend..
Looks like Environment Canada is becoming more colourful with their descriptions.

More from Environment Canada for Parry Sound and a winter storm warning at:

I just passed the South Seguin groomer at Timmies/Infocenter an hour ago....our pass $$ at work lol.

Schwing.

:shock::lol:

3 1/2 hr. drive home last night from T.O. to Gilford (norm - 1:15min) :curse:

Tried going out on cooks bay today to cross over to Orchard beach for snack at 5 - 5:30. snow coming down way too thick to go comfortably by myself. Maybe 200 ft visibility.

looks like the heaviest snow around here so far this year.

3 1/2 hr. drive home last night from T.O. to Gilford (norm - 1:15min) :curse:

Tried going out on cooks bay today to cross over to Orchard beach for snack at 5 - 5:30. snow coming down way too thick to go comfortably by myself. Maybe 200 ft visibility.

looks like the heaviest snow around here so far this year.

But tommorrow !

glad I didn't try crossing the lake last night. A channel reported 2 groups of sledders got disoriented out there and called 911 while sheltering in some ice huts. News said OPP would wait untill storm subsided to go get them. Snow stopped here at 11:30pm.

glad I didn't try crossing the lake last night. A channel reported 2 groups of sledders got disoriented out there and called 911 while sheltering in some ice huts. News said OPP would wait untill storm subsided to go get them. Snow stopped here at 11:30pm.

Yeah too easy to get lost at night on the lake as it is then through in a snowstorm and you are in trouble .

Very smart!! That is much better then ending up in an area of thin ice. Stop, take shelter, call for help. Good News!

I've heard the trail from Ardbeg to Port Loring on Sat. 8th, was very, very bad and the lakes icy with wind blown bumpy snow. You may want to check and make sure Jakes' is open (or any other pit stop ) as I seem to recall he was closed on March Break a few years ago.

Ride on.

RW

Heading back to my cottage in mag on monday. How were the trails this weekend? Esp north from Ardbeg on up to Pt Loring?.....thanks

Snow really starts to taper off quickly once your north of Hwy 124. We got about 5-10 cm from the storm. I would imagine lakes in Port loring to be glare ice.

Trails are fine with those a bit further south perfect. Theres twice as much snow along hwy 141 than 124.

c104d is getting quite thin in spots.

The C104D and C trail are good once your west of ardbeg up to Jakes.

Very smart!! That is much better then ending up in an area of thin ice. Stop, take shelter, call for help. Good News!

I didn't understand why they called 911, they had shelter. :wtf:

I didn't understand why they called 911, they had shelter. :wtf:

Trying to get some more folks lost on the lake I guess ? At least thier loved ones could be notified .

Archived