cochrane motel deals?

shawnj

I see thriftlodge has a deal if you stay 3 nights you can get for less than 70 bucks, anyone know if Westway has such a deal off hand? I stayed at Westway for a night last winter but didn't think to ask about a multi night discount.

The NAI?  :lmao:

I never really had an interest to try the NAI, I've seen some posted here the Thriftodge being a pretty good spot to stay and can't really beat their deal. I don't recall seeing it last year up there, is it near the Westway anyone know? Be nice to be able to get on the trail with as little rd runnin possible. Thanks.

The Thriftlodge is very close to the trail, especially if your day's travels point south or west (Quebec). You can eat at Terry's Steak and Burgers, which is next door.

We've stayed at the Westway over the years, but members of our group have suggested staying @ Thriftlodge. The discount mentioned above is enticing.

The Thriftlodge is very close to the trail, especially if your day's travels point south or west (Quebec). You can eat at Terry's Steak and Burgers, which is next door.

We've stayed at the Westway over the years, but members of our group have suggested staying @ Thriftlodge. The discount mentioned above is enticing.

I think you mean east. We stayed there several years ago & no complaints. Lots of folks @ the steakhouse when we were there. The Esso is right across the highway for your fuel needs.

Yep, east. The trail to Quebec with 'no gas'.

Good catch.

The NAI?  :lmao:

Stayed there a week ago Sunday.Thought I would give it one more shot.The room was way cleaner than the last time we stayed there,it seemed to have some new updates(the room). Talked to the guy running the place calls himself Rocky.Seemed to be friendly.The room was the cheapest one we had in our 8 days up there($80).The only disappointment we had was that Brad is no longer the cook there,left a few days before we were there.The only food they had in the restaurant was deep fried bar food.After some of the gourmet meals Brad had made us there,that was a huge disappointment.Only about 3 different brands of beer in the bar.The lady running the restaurant told us that it was too late in the season to restock the food.She told us that they only had 1 reservation for the next night and 2 the following night.She said they may close the restaurant alltogether if they don't get more buisiness.All in all,it was a positive stay other than the food situation.I'd stay there again.I was there back in the glory days when you couldn't get a seat in the bar.The place got a real bad reputation when VJ ran it and I don't think the buisiness will ever be the same again there,unfortunately.

The only food they had in the restaurant was deep fried bar food

.The place got a real bad reputation when VJ ran it and I don't think the buisiness will ever be the same again there,unfortunately.

They must have a "line" on that stuff. I think reports of a couple of years ago stated the only thing on the menu was chicken fingers.

Somebody from MuchMusic was running it?  :Drinking2:

"How to Run a Business Into the Ground for Dummies"

I have stayed at all of the places listed above.  Each is very close to a trail, very little road running.  Thriftlodge is where we like to stay.  "A" trail south access is one parking lot south, "A" trail north/west is right across the street.  As Canuck mentioned: Terry's Restaurant is directly in front and has very good food, or JR's is just a short walk north.  I have stayed there three times this season, each time, the room was clean and the people at the desk, Noel, was very pleasant.  Wifi everywhere there.

Good luck and ride safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know when they shut down the gas stop at the Canyon,

Best bet is to call Bill Froud at Extreme Tours.  He runs the base camp and can let you know.  Last year, I think it operated on weekends until the middle of April.

Archived