South River Motels?

weapon02

Does anyone know of a sled friendly place to stay in or near South River? A little North is even better.

I am planning to do the RAP and our group would like to spend one night on our way through.

Thanks in advance

We stayed last winter while doing the Rap Tour at the Algonquin Motel, nothing fancy...There is a great Italian food place that will deliver to the room in town....

We would stay there again if we needed to, the alternative would a little south at Edgewater in Kearney...

Nunz

There is some street,yes street to run not road,in South River but yes that hotel is decent and the food is great,

Depending on where your day starts Kearney is a good option also.

First part of the D trail going south,if not groomed, can be a handful at end of long day making Kearney a long ways away.

Our plan is to start in Whitney and head West and then up the west side of the park first as to get out of the heaviest traffic.

I will look into Algonquin.

As long as it is clean. We're good.

Any other options would be appreciated.

Our plan is to start in Whitney and head West and then up the west side of the park first as to get out of the heaviest traffic.

I will look into Algonquin.

As long as it is clean. We're good.

Any other options would be appreciated.

Here's the website:

http://www.algonquinmotel.ca

Haven't stayed there, but dropped in to talk to the owner a year or so ago. Good attitude and likes sledders. Trail through the end of the parking lot.

Check revrnd's accomodation website - signature at the bottom of his posts.Further north, I think there is another motel at Trout Creek - TJ's that has a restaurant attached - good old greasy spoon - this is a compliment. Likely some road running from the main trail,but last year it was signed pretty well. The Princess  Motel in Trout Creek is closed in the winter.

TJ's in Trout Creek if yer lookin for somthing north of South River.  No gas there tho, so fill up in Powassan or you have to go into South River or Sundridge.  If that's the case you could consider NorthRidge Inn on Lake Bernard (more upscale), or Caswell Hotel (more basic) in Sundridge.  But all that is taking you further west off your original route Top D.

It was then it was not glad to hear that it is again

Huh?

the place was once good then not and apparently is again now

Fade up

Theme - plaintive flute music

Graphic - Forum Hinterland Who's Who

Voice Over - The comma..... a species within the punctuation family..... although easily overlooked and neglected in the word forest ....this shy and retiring creature can sometimes be found among  larger and stronger members of its type....

Archived