Mad Musher is closed

whiskywizard

Didn't I read that although closed in the fall, the Mad Musher was going to open for December? I rode into there today, en route from Bancroft to Barry's Bay, hoping for a hot lunch, but they were closed.

Off their Facebook page dated Oct 16.

New hours for the Mad Musher 
Monday - Thursday 11am to 9pm
Friday - Saturday 11am to 10pm
Sunday 11am to 9pm

The Mad Musher will be closing for the season on October 28th and re-opening on December 26th this winter we will be open 
from December 26 to January 5th and then Friday to Sunday for the winter. Thanks for your patronage this summer season and we look forward to seeing you here again next year!

Off their Facebook page dated Oct 16.

New hours for the Mad Musher 

Monday - Thursday 11am to 9pm

Friday - Saturday 11am to 10pm

Sunday 11am to 9pm

The Mad Musher will be closing for the season on October 28th and re-opening on December 26th this winter we will be open 

from December 26 to January 5th and then Friday to Sunday for the winter. Thanks for your patronage this summer season and we look forward to seeing you here again next year!

Thanks for that.  You'd think they would update their website.  Who the h3ll checks Facebook for restaurant status?  http://www.madmusher.com/index.htm

I know what you're saying. I checked their website, wife checked Facebook. Plus they don't even have a link to their Facebook page on their website. The good news is that they'll be open.

With MM not yet open, I went back across the bridge to Algonquin Inn. The restaurant in there was nice. It's clean, spacious, has good hooks to hang your gear, good food. No complaints at all. 

Coming from the south we usually ate @ the gas station. Saved "sparking" back & forth across the bridge (especially since the sled lane was closed to sledders).

We sometimes stop at the Algonquin Lunch Bar on our motorcycle rides. One stop shopping for gas and good food. But I'd like to try the Mad Musher one of these days.

With MM not yet open, I went back across the bridge to Algonquin Inn. The restaurant in there was nice. It's clean, spacious, has good hooks to hang your gear, good food. No complaints at all. 

Is the 'Algonquin Inn' aka the Algonquin Riverside Inn? (trying to keep up with various name changes)

John had a good meal there this fall

Is the 'Algonquin Inn' aka the Algonquin Riverside Inn? (trying to keep up with various name changes)

I'm uncertain.  Algonquin Inn is the name on the new-looking sign for the restaurant at the gas station, south-west corner of Hwy 60 and the Madawaska R. There wasn't any obvious accommodation unit, however the motel across the road had a similar name. Perhaps the two are somehow related now?

The odd time we stop in Whitney for lunch/gas we always eat at the gas station. I've found the MM was too pricey for me, but then I'm thirfty (cheap)

• 2 weeks later...

My son and I ate at the MM on December 26th.  Food was OK, but not up to their previous standards.  Draft wasn't available.  Waitress looked resigned to her fate.  The burger didn't seem to be the same as previous MM burgers in other years.  Overall, I'

Mistakenly entered before finishing.  Overall, I'll try the Algonquin next time.  Trails between Coe Hill and Whitney were awesome.  Two hours each way, including stop for moose viewing.  :)

Archived