Whitney to Barry's Bay Friday December 6th

Blake G

This Viper rocks. Spent the afternoon running the lake. Feels light and sounds like a 2 stroke. Pulled 102 mph on the final pull. Very quick and torquey upto 80 mph. After having apex and nytro this thing feels real light and nimble. Can't wait to do some real trail riding. My nephew showed up today and let me try his 350 hp turbo cat, now that thing is crazy. I let up at 120 mph as I shat my pants. Got me thinking about adding turbo to the viper though :-)

swamp hog....thats great to hear about new viper....turbo eh

This Viper rocks. Spent the afternoon running the lake. Feels light and sounds like a 2 stroke. Pulled 102 mph on the final pull. Very quick and torquey upto 80 mph. After having apex and nytro this thing feels real light and nimble. Can't wait to do some real trail riding. My nephew showed up today and let me try his 350 hp turbo cat, now that thing is crazy. I let up at 120 mph as I shat my pants. Got me thinking about adding turbo to the viper though :-)

There is no substitute for the word "shat" when used appropriately.

Now tell us, where is this lake that can be run all afternoon?

I  was running the West end of Lake Vernon.  We did test holes every 500 feet.  5.5" to 6" of clear black ice.  Measured with tape measure.  There was 5 of us. It was a great afternoon!  Does anyone here have experience with aftermarket turbo or S/C?  Can it be done and maintain reliability?

I was thinking the same thing.  I was shocked as well, but we cut holes every 500 feet.  That end of the lake is only about 16 feet deep so I guess it freezes well.  It will be a while before the big part is ready.  Even on 6" of ice I would not want to sit around on the ice. Looks like we are in for a great winter!

so 100 mph plus is not enough so you need to go turbo??..wtf..lol.....Yamadice

I know!  100 mph is fast enough but all the guys I run with are turbo'd .  They get to 100mph real fast, they are hitting speeds from 111 as the slowest to the 1100T cat  at 139 mph.  crazy stuff, hope the trails open soon! I will show them Yamaha performance on the trail. :-)

I know!  100 mph is fast enough but all the guys I run with are turbo'd .  They get to 100mph real fast, they are hitting speeds from 111 as the slowest to the 1100T cat  at 139 mph.  crazy stuff, hope the trails open soon! I will show them Yamaha performance on the trail. :-)

so where exactly can you open these sleds up that much?...you talking lakes?...if its on the trails then I hope I don't meet you lads on a tight corner....Yamadice

On your Arctic Cat chassis?

so where exactly can you open these sleds up that much?...you talking lakes?...if its on the trails then I hope I don't meet you lads on a tight corner....Yamadice

the trail in the subject line of this thread is certainly capable of running those speeds.   Easy to average 75mph down it safely.

He said he was on a lake.

Of course on the Lake!  lol, only legal spot for high speeds.  safest too, I guess.  This cat chassis and Yamaha motor will be hard to beat!  Handles like a dream compared to the Apex or Nytro.  Guess time will tell but I am sure happy with it so far.

Archived