Milverton Wing night

Dave K

it is the surface area that the propane evaporates from liquid to gas that is why the bigger users have horizontal tanks so that more propane can be supplied in colder temperatures 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you make it over there. Were the directions good to get you in?

Never made it, had too much work to do, unfortunately. I usually make at least one. I know where Dave means though. Glad you had a great turn out.

it is the surface area that the propane evaporates from liquid to gas that is why the bigger users have horizontal tanks so that more propane can be supplied in colder temperatures

Makes sense, always wondered why some homes had fairly large tanks. Not over kill after all.

We were using 100 lb tanks but as they went down in volume, I think the pressure wasn't enough in the cold temps and maybe that's why the regulators were freezing. We started using the 20 lb tanks to get bye.

We were using 100 lb tanks but as they went down in volume, I think the pressure wasn't enough in the cold temps and maybe that's why the regulators were freezing. We started using the 20 lb tanks to get bye.

you may need anti freeze added to the propane we have it done for our heating system a nice kettle of boiling water will thaw out a regulator

Thanks Bill.....keep that in mind for next year

• 2 weeks later...

Propane remains in liquid form at -43 degrees.To get it to vaporize,pour hot water on it or shake it to adgetate the liquid.

yup had that happen too but we have had freeze ups at -20 as well

• 7 months later...

Another fall has arrived, so time for the first wing night in Milverton.  Same time and place as last year.  Huge wings again from S. Clements Poultry.  

https://www.facebook.com/events/1661471967442030/

Archived