Milverton Wing night

Dave K

I asked, and they said that would be possible to do some without flour.  If it is not on the "ticket" next time, don't be afraid to ask for some cooked up special for you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok thanks Dave! I asked last year and they were all made up already, but fries were good. I will be back once the snow flies. My dad loves your wings too.

• 1 month later...

Another wing night this Fri Jan 30.  Same time, same place.  Hopefully trails will be open in time.

Trails are open limited today according to the IATG.  Remember the detour around the gun club and the lagoon and having to come in from the south if coming by sled.

The lagon would be great for extra sauce on those take out wings! Hope you guys had a good turnout. I need more snow before I can ride there, maybe next wing night.

Great turn out.  They had 800 lbs of wings.  They have a new supplier and the wings are jumbo. I don't know if they sold out or not.

Great turn out.  They had 800 lbs of wings.  They have a new supplier and the wings are jumbo. I don't know if they sold out or not.

Interesting! I left that previous supplier three years ago! Who is the new supplier?

Interesting! I left that previous supplier three years ago! Who is the new supplier?

St. Clements Poultry, they were with the lodge before.

St. Clements Poultry, they were with the lodge before.

That is cool! Bigger wings will be nice for a change!

Question,we came into Milverton from the south this weekend,past the FS gas.The trail ended at the road where in years past it went right though.Is trail rerouted or just gone?I assume this is the lagoon reroute u speak of.Was a nice loop for wife outta St marys though there,with a stop for food.

Question,we came into Milverton from the south this weekend,past the FS gas.The trail ended at the road where in years past it went right though.Is trail rerouted or just gone?I assume this is the lagoon reroute u speak of.Was a nice loop for wife outta St marys though there,with a stop for food.

Yes, at the stop on the hwy, turn left past the gas pumps, to the sideroad.  Turn right. Follow the sideroad over the hwy, past the salt shed and public works garage, and then the trail picks up just past the works garage.

Having trouble understanding,lol.According to IATG,we came on the trail to rd 131,where scooter gas would be to the right,as well as food right there.The trail across the street used to go around town and end up at the public works.I cant add up you're directions with the map.

The IATG has not been updated to the new trail.  When zooming in, you can see some ponds straight ahead of you, that is the septic lagoon, you want to go around that.  The old trail used to go behind the arena, and through a farmers field.  To many asshats with sleds going to wing night ruined that trail last year by driving between the owners house and barn, not once, but twice, after the president of the club hollered out the first time to all those in wing night that the owner was ticked off about that.  Where it used to cross, you need to go south to the sideroad, follow the sideroad about 500 m or so to get back in the field, and on the trail.

FYI Scooter Fuels is not open any longer.

Ah,figured maybe not updated yet.Was lookin @ map last nite and seen the way we got there was different than IATG(remembered trail closed sign).So the side road would be line 61 then?Thanks for your help.

Ah,figured maybe not updated yet.Was lookin @ map last nite and seen the way we got there was different than IATG(remembered trail closed sign).So the side road would be line 61 then?Thanks for your help.

Yes Line 61.  Scooter Fuels, and Beartoozies Restaurant are both closed, but the restaurant besides Scooter Fuels is still open.  They close early though, about 3 or 4 p.m.  Only other place after that is New Orleans Pizza right down down.

Now I've got it.Not sure why people cannot stay on the trail etc after all these years.It's not that hard.The restaurant is a family ma & pa style,always been good.I remember Beartoozies across the street but never was there.Thanks again.

Are conditions way better there now than Sunday?Was a little thin in spots for my liking.

Much better now.

• 3 weeks later...

Milverton last wing night of the year is this Fri.  Same time Same place.

How do we get there by sled now? I went all the way around the complex last week, even went by the big crap tank. Didn't see a way into complex. Thinking I will have to run road to get there.

How do we get there by sled now? I went all the way around the complex last week, even went by the big crap tank. Didn't see a way into complex. Thinking I will have to run road to get there.

When you get to Hwy 19, by the fuel pumps at the Co-op. there is access there straight across that is available for wing nights only.  This will take you right to the arena complex.  Dont go up to the sideroad first.  Cross right as you get to Hwy 19 North of the pumps.   Last wing night was groomed right in to the complex.

Thanks to everyone who came out.  We sold 950 lbs of wings.  The biggest challenge was the cold trying to keep the propane flowing to the cookers and keeping them hot enough.

I'll second that Dave! Thanks to all the people that came out and all the volunteers that make this happen!!!

And yea it was tricking trying to keep the cookers hot with frozen regulators last night.

All part of the experience....lol

Thanks again!!

Thanks to everyone who came out.  We sold 950 lbs of wings.  The biggest challenge was the cold trying to keep the propane flowing to the cookers and keeping them hot enough.

Wow, that's a lot of wings. Congrats.

We had that problem with the propane a few times too. We changed to a big tank.

Might be worth the purchase of a 100lb tank instead of a few 20 lbs tanks.

Might be worth the purchase of a 100lb tank instead of a few 20 lbs tanks.

Have to put a thermostat blanket around the tanks!

Archived