Helmet shield haze/scratch remover.

Irv

Jeff, at Olde Town Auto Spa from the Niagara Falls area (CDN side), decided to stock this item after I inquired about it.

I heard about it at Freedom Sledder from a reliable source after I inquired about a haze/scratch remover for my electric helmet shield.

I found it on Amazon but it was $56.00 dollars before Tx's, shipping, duty etc. Jeff is sending me all 3 bottles for around $30-$35 delivered :right_on: 

(You can read the link here, but be cautious, there is likely a swear word or two, lol. http://www.freedomsledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66911 )

From the research/info I gathered there and elsewhere, it is suppose to do an excellent job of removing the haze/fine scratches from a variety of lens, shields etc, and with E-Shields running in excess of a $100 bucks, I thought I would try this product first. 

I just ordered some from Jeff and I am looking forward to receiving it.

It isn't currently on his site (just came in) but if you call or write him, he will be sure to get your order filled.

http://www.oldetownautospa.ca/

mail to: jeff@oldetownautospa.ca

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-1886-0-41973700-1384020504_thumb.jp

Lemon Pledge.  Used it for years, prevents scratches and helps make the small fine scratches disappear.

If people are really interested in this product, we can do a group buy for less $$$

If we have 10 people for example, I can get this product for $25 including taxes &shipping per kit.  Lower volume may change the price slightly.

For those that can pick them up, even cheaper. (I'm estimating the average shipping costs)

Lemon Pledge.  Used it for years, prevents scratches and helps make the small fine scratches disappear.

I have used it as well, but found it didn't really "fix" the scratches/haze, it just masked them imo and they eventually came back.

If people are really interested in this product, we can do a group buy for less $$$

If we have 10 people for example, I can get this product for $25 including taxes &shipping per kit.  Lower volume may change the price slightly.

For those that can pick them up, even cheaper. (I'm estimating the average shipping costs)

That's a decent price, and thanks for the offer, but I think I'll stick with Jeff as he has been great with me and others offering free advice about anything one can think of when it comes to cleaning, protecting, waxing etc etc.

I'll do a review and let everyone know what my thoughts are on the product.

I've used Pledge for years, too.  I agree it only masks the scratches but it is a quick and easy detailer.

Try PlastX by Meguiers.  I've have good results on sled windshields with several applications.  About $8 at CTC.

I've used Pledge for years, too.  I agree it only masks the scratches but it is a quick and easy detailer.

Try PlastX by Meguiers.  I've have good results on sled windshields with several applications.  About $8 at CTC.

The Novi stuff, from what I have been told, is "Ideal" for helmet shields, but I have no doubt it will/would work good for snowmobile windshields as well.

Not sure on the plastic differences between the 2, but I would guess helmet face shields might be different?

Royal Distributing has a product called Plexus that they sell for goggles and helmet shields.I have never used it for that but it sure works great on the soft glass on my boat.Maybe WildBill can chime in and let us know if he sells it.

Royal Distributing has a product called Plexus that they sell for goggles and helmet shields.I have never used it for that but it sure works great on the soft glass on my boat.Maybe WildBill can chime in and let us know if he sells it.

I have used Plexus for a few years now, and although it definitely shines/cleans, it is just like Pledge imo, as once it wears off, the haze and sratches return.

we sell plexus as well and yes it works well 

Archived