2014 "Best" Snowmobiles

Canuck

The snow is months away, but a U.S. magazine has published its 2014 "Best" snowmobiles:

Editor's Choice
Yamaha SR Viper LTX SE / Arctic Cat XF Sno Pro

(137-inchers)

Editor's Choice
Ski-Doo GSX LE ACE 900

Best New Tech
Ski-Doo drive by wire/learning key/iTC w/ ACE 900
(news to moi)

THE NEW ACE 900 and its accompanying technologies are the next step forward for Ski-Doo’s cutting edge tech department. There is no throttle cable here; it is a drive-by-wire system so resistance on the throttle is nearly zero. Doo also offers a learning key that can govern the machine’s speed so that novices can learn without fear of getting into trouble with too much power. Then there’s the intelligent Throttle Control (iTC) that allows riders to choose the throttle response rate that suits them. Great tech to help young snowmobiling families!

__

Love the El Tigre name resurrected by Arctic Cat.

Best New Engine
Arctic Cat 600 C-TEC2

THE NEWEST CLEAN and efficient 2-stroke engine on the market, and the first one that Cat has strictly built themselves, debuts this year in the sassy ZR El Tigre 6000. This dual-stage injection 600cc engine is what Cat loyalists have been seeking for several seasons and it should prove to be as fuel efficient (or more) as the naturally aspirated 4-stroke that Cat has been using in its place. (Details in Olav Aaen’s Tech Notes column, p. 76.)

__

Let it snow, let it snow.

(reports are from Amsnow)

I'll stick to the 1200.  I need to the extra power to keep up with STG.

IMO patiently awaiting the arrival of our new 2014 GSX SE 1200 Air ride with r-motion!

You're going to love it!! :)

You're going to love it!! :)

He will be able to pull away from me on the ploughed fields now. Lol.

Best sleds? Shouldn't they wait till the end of the year? Some of them could turn out to be the biggest duds! It has happened so many times already.

Best sleds? Shouldn't they wait till the end of the year? Some of them could turn out to be the biggest duds! It has happened so many times already.

Yup, need to do a best of review, and take customer feed back and service reports in to play... Didn't Polaris build a clean fire 4 stroke few years ago, that was all the rage, but after you rode it a few thousand km they would shake themselves apart?

I am sure we will..

I really like the Doo 1200 but I wanted a bit more power so went with the Yami 998. In a touring sled though the 1200 will shine! You'll love that air ride!

I really like the Doo 1200 but I wanted a bit more power so went with the Yami 998. In a touring sled though the 1200 will shine! You'll love that air ride!

It will be the second 1200 GSX SE air-ride in our fleet!. Just the new one has the added bonus of air-ride with R-Motion..

Archived