riding southwestern ontario

Left_E

I was thinking about heading out on some local trails this week,(ie from new hamburg to listowel for example.) District 5

trails show green and good to go.

Has anyone been out to shed some light on how the trails are?

i'm not exactly sure on how the trails are patrolled and much they go and check them out.. i have my pass and havent gotten out yet..

any info is greatly appreciated

thanks

just done listowel and Palmerston,Conestoga lake, brussels, mt forest, Arthur, fergus. today. if it warms up this week, and we get no snow, these trails will be done.

New hamburg is too thin now. Was muddy yesterday in the bush sections, from all the traffic. Alot more snow in Shakespeare compared to new hamburg. If we get some new snow, it will be ok for another week. Wait and see.

North of Wellesley was ok on Sat., south is alot of water and snirt. Conestoga although green on map, is pretty beat up due to all the traffic round there. If we don't get the storm on tuesday, these trails will be close to done.

North of Wellesley was ok on Sat., south is alot of water and snirt. Conestoga although green on map, is pretty beat up due to all the traffic round there. If we don't get the storm on tuesday, these trails will be close to done.

Calling for 30cm for Kitchener. Less as you go north or south. Should give us another weekend of riding and mote snow later next week. Hope they are right.

Sat and Sun are calling for a high of -5 C so its looking good for a local weekend ride.

Been many years sense I have riden close to home!

Been riding local since the 15th, its been great here. Put on 500 miles in the area.

Unfortunately didn't get the 30cm today. Got about 5-10cm. Its very warm and wet today though. I hope the temps stay low and trails stay intact through this.

Going for a rip tonight. Will let you know the trail conditions.

Trails are pure ka-ka tonight. Felt like riding a giant bowl of cambells chunky soup. Had to turn around and go home. I do not suggest anyone goes out in baden, wellesley, st clements tonight. Unless it gets really cold.

Trails are pure ka-ka tonight. Felt like riding a giant bowl of cambells chunky soup. Had to turn around and go home. I do not suggest anyone goes out in baden, wellesley, st clements tonight. Unless it gets really cold.

Real wet and hope they groom it and it freezes flat. Bush trails night be screwed from the wet weather lately.

It will be tough to groom until Friday where they are saying temps will drop to -3. The snow is just too wet an temps aren't cold enough that the snow sticks in the drag and makes more of a mess of the trail. As soon as it does cool off I'm sure all groomers will be running.

so anyone out in New Hmaburg, Baden lastnight or today?..how are things looking for the weekend.....with the weather warming up next week this maybe the last hoorah....Yamadice

Was there yesterday, and it was decent put quite sloppy. Bush has a lot of dirt spots. Its fixable and as we got further west things got really good around Palmerston and Mt. Forest. Over 300km starting in Seaforth, so get out while you can. I would expect today (Friday afternoon) to be best before weekend traffic.

It was good last night after diner when it got cold. I went from wellesley to conestoga. Lots of snow. Some sections rough need grooming, but overall decent. There was plenty of snow in the bush.

Blew a drive bearing near linwood on way back, that sucked royally.

anyone know if there was any grooming done around Elmira?

If its chewed up crap i will leave it on the trailer

I'm not sure but they should be. We were able to start grooming last night when the temps finally dropped off. I've also heard many of the other groomers got out as well. From the looks of the temps for next week this could be it. Our club will be grooming steady till Sunday night for sure. Trails should be good. Fortunately we have enough snow around to be able to drag a bunch in anddo some work in the bushes. Hopefully produce some great riding.

Any updates for District 5, especially around Mitchell / Seaforth / St. Marys and northward? OFSC shows yellow and green trails but wondering if it accurately reflects the conditions?

Green around Stratford shakespeare and towards linwood is good. Most people stayed off the trails while it was warm and we held on not to bad. The odd plowed field you feel a top here and there.

Archived