Anybody ever buy a 7 day pass online?

Polaris1

If you buy it online you won't get the permit in time now. You could just carry reciept, but a cop might think you are trying to scam the system. Takes3 to 5 days to ship it to you. Lots of riders have been out riding and asking for passes along the way. Cops have been fairly lenient, since they are aware of the issue. Ofsc

didn't print near enough 3 and 7 day passes

and alor of business and clubs ran out already. Good luck and tell us where you are going and someone might have one to purchase.

Rich, I've PM'sd him and told him to stop at Gateway Home Hardware, 1300 Algonquin Avenue.

What a screw up not having enough 3 & 7 Day TP's all for the sake of saving a few $$$ on printing costs.

Imagine what if we were really busy across the Province.

I've heard of people going out after travelling and going with no permit because no one had them for sale.

Brian

If you buy it online you won't get the permit in time now. You could just carry reciept, but a cop might think you are trying to scam the system. Takes3 to 5 days to ship it to you. Lots of riders have been out riding and asking for passes along the way. Cops have been fairly lenient, since they are aware of the issue. Ofsc

didn't print near enough 3 and 7 day passes

and alor of business and clubs ran out already. Good luck and tell us where you are going and someone might have one to purchase.

You are totally wrong with the information you are giving V700.

A 7 day permit can be purchased online at the OFSC site and can be printed off immediately for use. If you buy it after 4PM it is first day dated for the next day.

I have heard it suggested that you should keep it in a sandwich baggie available to show if needed or even tape the baggie to the back of the windshield.

JUST AS A NOTE OF INTEREST, APPARENTLY 12,500 FREE WEEKEND PERMITS HAD BEEN APPLIED FOR ON LINE BY LATE THIS AFTERNOON

We saw a slew of the free three day permits in Haliburton today! Looks like it was a very popular program. Great target audience for the OFSC next season!!! Just image that influx into our clubs.

I never knew that 7 Day TP's could be purchased online but it is there on the ofsc site as follows:

2012-2013 - 7 Day Permit - $140.00. Can be purchased online after December 2012 or contact member club, association or district..

• The 7-Day Trail Permit can be purchased online and/or from any OFSC member clubs or associations.
  • This permit offers the same access to open OFSC Prescribed Trails, it expires seven days after being issued. The full 7 days start the next day if the permit is purchased after 4 PM.

We saw a slew of the free three day permits in Haliburton today! Looks like it was a very popular program. Great target audience for the OFSC next season!!! Just image that influx into our clubs.

I really don't think that this was the correct weekend to give out freebies.

The paying customers were out in heavy numbers tearing up the trails , why bring out more riders when you're at your peak.

Would a restaurant who knows ahead of time that this is their busiest weekend of the year and knows full well it will have a tough time giving their normal level of customer service then go out and invite new customers on that same weekend in order to get them to try their restaurant - Absolutely NOT - and you piss off the paying customers to boot!!

Why not let the freebies experience another weekend when traffic is less and the trails are likely in better shape with more liklihood that they would be impressed.

Today was a zoo.

You are totally wrong with the information you are giving V700.

A 7 day permit can be purchased online at the OFSC site and can be printed off immediately for use. If you buy it after 4PM it is first day dated for the next day.

I have heard it suggested that you should keep it in a sandwich baggie available to show if needed or even tape the baggie to the back of the windshield.

JUST AS A NOTE OF INTEREST, APPARENTLY 12,500 FREE WEEKEND PERMITS HAD BEEN APPLIED FOR ON LINE BY LATE THIS AFTERNOON

I dont want to dispute what you are saying, but I bought a 7 day online a few weeks ago, and nowhere did I see where I had the option to print it myself. It was mailed to me and took about 5 days.

Rich, I've PM'sd him and told him to stop at Gateway Home Hardware, 1300 Algonquin Avenue.

What a screw up not having enough 3 & 7 Day TP's all for the sake of saving a few $$$ on printing costs.

Imagine what if we were really busy across the Province.

I've heard of people going out after travelling and going with no permit because no one had them for sale.

Brian

Had the same thing last year. Saw a couple of guys in Factory Rec last year trying to buy 3 day passes for the weekend and they didn't have any. They had been all over looking for them and were now giving up and going to take their chances riding without one.

I dont want to dispute what you are saying, but I bought a 7 day online a few weeks ago, and nowhere did I see where I had the option to print it myself. It was mailed to me and took about 5 days.

does that mean you choose the expiry date after you receive it in the mail?

If so that opens up abuse with someone running around until he is stopped and expiry date is then marked.by TP or OPP

If you were unable to print it out when you buy it online and it distinctly states that if you purchase it after 4 PM the full 7 days will start the next day (as B Baker has written above) then by the time it was sent to you, half of your 7 days would already be gone.

I have heard it said more than once that the online purchasing system is not particularly user friendly.

It doesn't say you print your own but rather you can purchase online.

How is the expiry date set depending on the variability of Canada Post getting it to you.

Nevertheless, Clubs and riders shouldn't be in this dreadful position of not having enough Trail Permits to sell when people want them. paricularly when the winter is below average.

in this day and age, OFSC e-mails the designated printer saying we need another XXX Trail Permits ASAP and they ship them out the next day by Purolator or similar.

Sounds to me that this economy move is gone wrong badly.

please correct me if I'm wrong.

It doesn't say you print your own but rather you can purchase online.

How is the expiry date set depending on the variability of Canada Post getting it to you.

Nevertheless, Clubs and riders shouldn't be in this dreadful position of not having enough Trail Permits to sell when people want them. paricularly when the winter is below average.

in this day and age, OFSC e-mails the designated printer saying we need another XXX Trail Permits ASAP and they ship them out the next day by Purolator or similar.

Sounds to me that this economy move is gone wrong badly.

please correct me if I'm wrong.

They don't want the clubs to have them because they don't want the clubs to have the sale money. They want the money flow to go downhill from the OFSC office not uphill to it.

If you were unable to print it out when you buy it online and it distinctly states that if you purchase it after 4 PM the full 7 days will start the next day (as B Baker has written above) then by the time it was sent to you, half of your 7 days would already be gone.

I have heard it said more than once that the online purchasing system is not particularly user friendly.

It asked me what date I wanted it to start, and when I received it, it was punched with the appropriate date(s).

BTW I thought it was very "friendly".

Okay so it is done by a human at the OFSC/Contractor end and you don't print your own like this Family Day Weekend deal.

Still the question, why the hell are Clubs/Districts

short of 3 & 7 Day Trail Permits when sales are

down this year.

Some penny pincher accountant thought the ofsc was throwing away too many 3 and 7 day permits last winter. They cut back the supply this year and lost a huge amount of sales last

weekend alone.

I think that they hope people will buy season passes when they cant get a 7 day.I thought thats what we were going to have to do.We're from the states and can only come up once this year so we would collectively thrown away $300.Ended up getting them at a hotel in North Bay.They only had 2 left when we were done.By the way,we did 1030 miles in 4 and a half days and were never stopped once to check the pass.Awesome trails in Northern Ontario,thanks to all our Canadian friends for taking awesome care of the trails and us!!

Archived