Palmerston, Harriston, Conestogo Lake

Blackstar

These areas are showing limited conditions.

Anyone know if its worth the drive tomorrow or should I just stay home?

I'm not interested in riding dirt, rocks and snow but if its semi-descent I'd go tomorrow morning.

I know Fergus is more to the east but when i was driving through there this afternoon it was very thin, no sled tracks anywhere

maybe a lake streamer passed over to give them more snow

A co worker lives on the southern edge of that area (Kurtzville) and said they are not too bad considering what they were on Wed night.

Streamers sat over there all day Thurs and Part of Fri. They got maybe 15 inches from reports I heard.

t

thanks, maybe I will check it out.

th

I imagine the base is thin. Should be decent by next weekend. Palmerston got a huge blast of snow a few days ago. Can see the snow labels increase as you head north of baden.

has anyone been out in this area ,

Was at conestoga lake Friday. Just driving thru. They had maybe 8" of snow on the flat.

Palmerston had about 1 foot. It was real fluffy

snow, so I imagine base is thin and ploughed

fields will be rough. They need one good snowfall yet to make it fair. With all of the traffic, I wouldn't waste my time going yet.

just got back, don't go to Conestoga Lake, there is nothing there (if it averages 1 inch of cover on the trails, I'd be suprised.

Rideable snow starts around #23 between Listowel and Palmerston, (east side of Palmerston is very thin) and on up to Gorrie. There is more snow to the north and west but these trails haven't seen a groomer. Stakes and signage is down and there are large areas of water. By next weekend I would imagine we will see more areas open as the trails get more cold and attention.

One last point, from intersection 629 to 523 to 516, this section of trail has not scene a pass with a groomer because there is no snow there to groom.

What critiria is there for opening a trail? With liability issues these days I would think that a groomer pass would be manditory in the least.

just gott back myself,conestoga lake is junk but listowel and palmerston not bad but we need more snow,put on 200 km .

This year there seems to be very little critera. Even some green trails in near north last weekend were green and had very little snow on them. Sad really.

I could just about imagine how Conestoga lake trails would be!

Yeah and one guy thought the lake would be ok, it only went up by 8 feet. At least he was able to get to shore by himself. The machine is still in the reserviour.

why would anyone think lake down here are ok??

just being Dumb i guess

why would anyone think lake down here are ok??

just being Dumb i guess

Another guy on an atv fell through too, while ice fishing. Lost atv as well. Stupid I tell yeah.

WTF..Sure not for me,

Wait until end of season. Then you can trade in sled after 400km. I have ridden worse once, after I got caught in the rain on a trip. Was brutle.

at least its flat, pretty thin though

at least its flat, pretty thin though

Not enough snow to get bumps. Maybe by next weekend it will be better.

Archived