Top A.....Elk Lake...

Lep

Anybody know whats going on with the A trail north out of Elk Lake and the a106c.

Anybody know whats going on with the A trail north out of Elk Lake and the a106c.

Was waiting on a bridge install on the a trail I believe.

Hi Lep.. How are you doing? That is correct about waiting for a bridge install. The bridge is now finished and I beleive the plan is to groom it tomorrow. This latest snow sure helps as part of the trail had to be plowed for the install equipment. The C106a is ready from the A trail to Cambell lake but it will not connect to the C trail again this year. We are going to connect to it from the A107c to make a loop but Timmins is not coming down last I heard as they are assuming grooming hours from another club that closed. You should see the A trail open in a few days. As soon as it gets groomed and signed.

Ron

Hi Lep.. How are you doing? That is correct about waiting for a bridge install. The bridge is now finished and I beleive the plan is to groom it

tomorrow. This latest snow sure helps as part of

the trail had to be plowed for the install

equipment. The C106a is ready from the A

trail to Cambell lake but it will not connect to the

C trail again this year. We are going to connect

to it from the A107c to make a loop but Timmins

is not coming down last I heard as they are

assuming grooming hours from another club that

closed. You should see the A trail open in a few

days. As soon as it gets groomed and signed.

Ron

Thanks for the update. Hoping march will hold up this year for a ride. Which club folded?

Thanks for the update. Hoping march will hold up this year for a ride. Which club folded?

Hello Viper 700

It would be nice.. The last few years winter consists mainly of Feb. , march break comes and so does spring winds. I cannot remember who it was but timmins was picking up some of their grooming. I think it is Foleyet but don't quote me on that.

Ron

Hi Lep.. How are you doing? That is correct about waiting for a bridge install. The bridge is now finished and I beleive the plan is to groom it tomorrow. This latest snow sure helps as part of the trail had to be plowed for the install equipment. The C106a is ready from the A trail to Cambell lake but it will not connect to the C trail again this year. We are going to connect to it from the A107c to make a loop but Timmins is not coming down last I heard as they are assuming grooming hours from another club that closed. You should see the A trail open in a few days. As soon as it gets groomed and signed.

Ron

Thanks Ron....team green will be thru the next few weeks.. :right_on:

"A" trail is still going to be a few more days. There were some problems on Friday when the groomer out of Matachewan was opening that trail for the first time and they did not finish it. Most of the problem is fixed and they should be out again soon. If anyone is riding early this week you will want to adjust your route to avoid that section for a few more days.

Ron

Thanks Ron. How's it looking around you?

It's getting there. Once the grooming gets caught up we have some major brushing to get done this week. The club has purchased a new brusher that is going to make a major difference as soon as we can get it out on the trail . L136 is started (maybe by next weekend),

... The club has purchased a new brusher that is going to make a major difference as soon as we can get it out on the trail ...

Did you purchase a Nor-Arc Brusher?

According to Luc, the Folliett club folded. Chapleau is doing the trail now right to Folliett from the West and Timmons now from the East. Anyone know if the Lodge, I believe it was called Moosland just east of Folliett is still operating. The owner, Dale was the President of their snowmobile club a few years ago.

We rode through last year. The Moose place was closed, the gas station and the restaurant across the street were open.

Mooseland on the Hwy and Singel Lake which is about 15 miles East of Foleyet has been closed in the winter for a number of years. There is a place in town that you could stay and the gas station and resturant are still there.IMG_1008.jpgIMG_1005.jpg

I see A is red now north of L162,anybody know whats up?

Came down from Cochrane Tuesday. There was a major washout approximately 18km south of Kenogami. Met a rider who had turned around and was detouring through Kirkland Lake. He warned us of the problem, washout at the bottom of a steep hill with open water. We detoured via A110Q and the A108 through Kirkland lake. The gas station at Kenogami said that the clubs were aware and making plans to fix the problem.

Came down from Cochrane Tuesday. There was a major washout approximately 18km south of Kenogami. Met a rider who had turned around and was detouring through Kirkland Lake. He warned us of the problem, washout at the bottom of a steep hill with open water. We detoured via A110Q and the A108 through Kirkland lake. The gas station at Kenogami said that the clubs were aware and making plans to fix the problem.

Report is that the problem is fixed. Should turn yellow or green soon.

Archived