Port Severn

Black Dog

Heading up to Port Severn area Saturday and the trails around it are red, green and yellow depending which way you go and there doesn't seem to be any loops right now. Any first hand info out there or places to avoid?

Thanks.

We have packed Trail 16 and are sending the BR180 to coldwater to Pack C-trail today. Trails to the north we have attempted to Pack but keep busting through the water crossings. We've been trying. Should have something listed by the weekend. The trail in Coldwater you see yellow is a railbed , to the north they received a decent dumping from lake effect. Not going to Lie , we need more snow.

I'm as first hand has you can get.

Paul Ineson

Vice President

Thanks for the update Paul.

Great info Paul, it will be my first trip (of hopefully many) to that area.

Many thanks.

Great info Paul, it will be my first trip (of hopefully many) to that area.

Many thanks.

We had a good report back from our grooming team and we will be reporting Friday our trail status so be sure to check the interactive trail guide.

http://ofsc.mapbase.ca/viewer/?extent=-8891013.85283427,5582510.69913693,-8861966.17706705,5618769.05088207

If your spending some time up our area you can also stay connected with us on our facebook fanpage http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baxter-Snow-Riders/179513518767123 or visit our public forum on our website http://baxtersnowriders.com/ .

:right_on:

Thanks Paul. I will be riding up there tomorrow.

Don't make a special trip , its thin but rideable.

Head to Midland and Penetang if your out early , the area will get beat up quick.

Thanks. I just want to do a little trip with my dad. We will try riding from orillia to penetang and back. I know the conditions won't be great but it will be fun to get out. Thanks for your reports.

Spoke with a friend last night who lives just off Lone Pine Rd in Port Severn. C trail runs along side Lone Pine Rd. He was out and about yesterday and said it is rideable in the area but not a lot of snow cover. You will here the occcasional Love of ski on rock. His first ride was north on C and found a couple of small spots that looked frozen solid but cracked through going over. Not very deep though. Another local had what he called a great ride yesterday. He parked his truck and trailer behind the gas station (north west corner 400 & 12)rather than ride from home. Just be sure not to block the access to their dumpster etc. and they are happy. He rode from there to Wasaga and back and says he had a great ride even if it was chilly out. The strectch of trail that runs along the side of the road heading to Elmvale will likely be washboard from traffic by the end of the day.

I might trailer to coldwater and start there. I'll try and find that gas station. Is there anywhere else to park in that area in case I can't find it?

. Is there anywhere else to park in that area in case I can't find it?

I've seen trucks and trailers park at the Coldwater arena, behind the Shell station for the day.

If someone's from Coldwater, maybe they can advise.

With that new route out of there towards Waubeshine, it will be a popular place this winter.

I've seen trucks and trailers park at the Coldwater arena, behind the Shell station for the day.

With that new route out of there towards Waubeshine, it will be a popular place this winter.

lots of people park and ride from there regularly. They just ask that you park well to the rear of the lot which is best anyhow since that is where the trail is.

Thanks gents. I rode from orillia to coldwater and back. It was my dads first ride of the season so we didn't go too far. The trails were in good shape and we saw lots of sleds. I'm sure this weekend will be busy.

Thanks gents. I rode from orillia to coldwater and back. It was my dads first ride of the season so we didn't go too far. The trails were in good shape and we saw lots of sleds. I'm sure this weekend will be busy.

glad to hear you both had a good ride...where in brechin are you,parents lived in lagoon city for 20 yrs

My dad lives in LC and I live in Stouffville. We trailer over to Orillia when couch isn't open. We'll need a lot more snow before we can ride from home. Did you ride today?

My dad lives in LC and I live in Stouffville. We trailer over to Orillia when couch isn't open. We'll need a lot more snow before we can ride from home. Did you ride today?

no,took sled for check-up & worked in aft...you can run bays & roads from lagoon to orillia safely & fast once you know...be intown in 20 min...try to hook up for ride sometime...carden poker run is fun,its around mid feb.hope snow shows up

sounds good. keep in touch

lots of people park and ride from there regularly. They just ask that you park well to the rear of the lot which is best anyhow since that is where the trail is.

There are posted signs throughout the rear parking lot of the arena stating " Snowmobile Staging and Parking" . ...

ok great. I found the coldwater arena and I will try parking there next time. Thanks for all your help.

Archived