kijiji Snowmobiles For Sale in Ontario Today - 12484

bbakernbay

I worked at a ski hill few yrs ago and they have a whole bunch of kms of cross country ski trail.

They use a huge roller at the start of the year, looks like 4-5 feet high - like something you would roll a field of sod with.

They hook to a sled or Argo and start rolling down the snow on their trails every time there is a few cm's.

They roll them quite a few times before putting their big BR180 and drag on them. Build's a base, drives the frost in and firms everything up, without losing any snow like happens when a heavy drag is skidded down an unfrozen trail first few times.

Perhaps OFSC should take our extra $10 a permit this yr and buy some of these.

I emailed them re this, but they are kinda like the government now - no reply.

Thats awesome. I was actually talking to someone earlier this season that something like that should exist.

Previous guys' posts are correct about much of the revenue coming from D5. Just look at ofsc stats. We lost D16 due to lack of permit sales. I'd hate to lose anymore trail. I trailer when I can and prefer to stay withing 3 hrs, but last winter I was trailering 5+ hrs for just a weekend.

Despite all though, I will never sell my sled, however I will not be buying for many years. I suspect this will be the norm for much of Ontario. OEMs might survive, but I am seriously worried about the ofsc. AGM this year in Collingwood put a big scare into me.

With regard to those roller contraptions, would any club who has one be willing to send me some pics so I can show my club. We did buy a new drag this year for one of our groomers, but have barely gotten to use it. With so much flatland here a roller would be very useful.

There were a few boats out on Lake Simcoe last weekend.

Good fishing --- used to be called "ice fishing".

Heading north yesterday for a club meeting I saw a guy towing his 14' aluminum fishing boat up the 400.

everythings a buisness....how much do u wanna make a bet if this season runs to crap like last...permits will be 275.00 next year.....im not buyin nothing until the winters change...just my 2 cents

I'll put $1000.00 down on that bet. The permit price for next year has already been set. It gets voted on at the AGM in Sept. and submitted to the MTO for approval for the next year.

Still climbing, 13,009 tonight.

Wow. Only 10 percent of Ontario sleds.

I've got a brand new one hasn't even been off the trailer since I bought it at the show ! I'm keepin' it !

Any snow in N.B. overnight , Brian ? Might have to cancel our trip if it doesn't snow like hell soon. Wild Bill better get good and naked for a coupla nights dancin' !

I think it comes down to $$$$$...if you can afford to have a machine , insurance it, maintain it , fix it when it breaks, buy a pass, gas , oil, trailer, hotel rooms, wear and tear on vehicle pulling it, gas for the vehicle,etc, etc, etc then you will sled....for those ( like myself) who had to really pinch the $$$$ to sled well its just not worth the struggle for a crap shoot every year......now don't get me wrong, I sold my Yamaha triple and now ride my 77 Sno Jet SST....i bomb around the camp, buddies farm, take it icefishing and if the trails actually ever open around New Hamburg I will buy a vintage pass.....I much rather have a new Apex and trailer every weekend up north but thats just not possible for me....so my solution is live in the 70's..lol........for those who can afford it some how, go for it and enjoy......Diceman

i here ya diceman,i sold my 2012 rush for 12,000 cash 2 weeks ago,just before the snow melted.2 guys from trenton came down and picked it up,right after everything melted..only 350 miles on it....at least i re-couped almost what i spent on it..love the sport,but trailerin every time ,just aint for me..i watched that sled sit in my garage 11 months last year,and all of this year,costing me 60/month for insurance..... not gonna do it no more.......buyin a boat this spring plannin on usin that way more than a sled,half the insurance,and 4 in my family can share it....maybe if real winters come back,i will re-visit..until then other pri-orities prevail....for ontario's sake i hope they come back....time to focus on the approaching season..... oh yeah,bought a cheap 2000 sled just to fart around on in the fields,just fer chits and giggles....hopefully i get to do at least that!..so far it isnt happenin?!

You're right guys. My '99 died last year, this year I've taken over my wife's '96 and that will be the last one I think.

As I predicted last year, snowmobiling will not likely be around in the same form as we've known it in the next 5 years.

I may buy myself an ATV.

We have two sleds, an 02 Actic Cat and an 07 Skidoo. Permits are on and ready to go. We are also lucky enough to have a cottage in Burks Falls area which we go to all winter snow or not. Last year we really only rode for one week while up there, the rest of the season for us was marginal and we just won't take the sleds out if the trails aren't ready or in decent shape. Who knows what this year will bring, not looking like we will ride this year before February. Will we sell the sleds, no, but no upgrades for us, we will hang on to what we have and if we get some really good snow years in the future we will be ready to go. Will we buy passes again next year, likely. Maybe wait and pay the higher fee after Dec. if we see that it will be worth it. Will we ride the trails with no passes, NO. We love this sport but just won't take the sleds out if we risk damaging them due to low snow and crap conditions. With not having a ton of money invested into our sleds we can afford to just sit and wait this out. Winter will come I am sure, and attitude now it isn't the number of miles but the number of smiles. Our one week of riding last year was one of the best weeks we have ever had, lots of snow, great friends and awesome trails. We made the best of that week and then parked the sleds until this year. We just try to make the best of what we get and be happy about it.

We have two sleds, an 02 Actic Cat and an 07 Skidoo. Permits are on and ready to go. We are also lucky enough to have a cottage in Burks Falls area which we go to all winter snow or not. Last year we really only rode for one week while up there, the rest of the season for us was marginal and we just won't take the sleds out if the trails aren't ready or in decent shape. Who knows what this year will bring, not looking like we will ride this year before February. Will we sell the sleds, no, but no upgrades for us, we will hang on to what we have and if we get some really good snow years in the future we will be ready to go. Will we buy passes again next year, likely. Maybe wait and pay the higher fee after Dec. if we see that it will be worth it. Will we ride the trails with no passes, NO. We love this sport but just won't take the sleds out if we risk damaging them due to low snow and crap conditions. With not having a ton of money invested into our sleds we can afford to just sit and wait this out. Winter will come I am sure, and attitude now it isn't the number of miles but the number of smiles. Our one week of riding last year was one of the best weeks we have ever had, lots of snow, great friends and awesome trails. We made the best of that week and then parked the sleds until this year. We just try to make the best of what we get and be happy about it.

Great attitude and thinking!

I hate trailering and am lucky to live 30 seconds from a Top trail. Winters have not been normal around here since 2008, although we did have a lot of snow in 09' it was really only In one snow event, and not much more after that. So it's been a few years of abnormal conditions in Haliburton. Enough to sled, but not long great seasons. I bought a four stroke for longevity and so far am glad I did. I considered upgrading to the R motion system but...with Winters seemingly on hold, I can't justify the expense. No way. Not for ten weeks. I judge my season by the fun factor too. I am not looking for high mileage, but rather quality rides and enjoyment. I do also understand that some are forced to trailer and want the mileage on the sled..to justify the trip to get there and that's fine too. So I bought good equipment, comfortable clothing and items I figured would last. Can't be replacing and upgrading every year.

Great attitude and thinking!

I hate trailering and am lucky to live 30 seconds from a Top trail. Winters have not been normal around here since 2008, although we did have a lot of snow in 09' it was really only In one snow event, and not much more after that. So it's been a few years of abnormal conditions in Haliburton. Enough to sled, but not long great seasons. I bought a four stroke for longevity and so far am glad I did. I considered upgrading to the R motion system but...with Winters seemingly on hold, I can't justify the expense. No way. Not for ten weeks. I judge my season by the fun factor too. I am not looking for high mileage, but rather quality rides and enjoyment. I do also understand that some are forced to trailer and want the mileage on the sled..to justify the trip to get there and that's fine too. So I bought good equipment, comfortable clothing and items I figured would last. Can't be replacing and upgrading every year.

seen winters there like that in the eighties too. Sucked to have over a million dollars of new sleds in stock

seen winters there like that in the eighties too. Sucked to have over a million dollars of new

sleds in stock

X2. Dealers Here still have 2012's left, never mind all of the 13's too.

seen winters there like that in the eighties too. Sucked to have over a million dollars of new sleds in stock

I haven't a clue how it works as far as inventory goes but the new Cat dealer (RPM) has stock piled so high it blocks the sun! I would imagine Harpers (used to be Prentice Power) would be in the same ballpark, although its harder to see what he has in inventory due to physical layout of his facility.

I haven't a clue how it works as far as inventory goes but the new Cat dealer (RPM) has stock piled so high it blocks the sun! I would imagine

Harpers (used to be Prentice Power) would be

in the same ballpark, although its harder to see

what he has in inventory due to physical layout

of his facility.

I was told dealers have an interest free grace period in which to sell new units. After this period is up, they are responsible for paying finance charges on un sold inventory. The manufactures give rebates to help dealers move the stock. Most dealers are forced to take a certain amount of new units per year too, regardless of what they can sell.

I was told dealers have an interest free grace period in which to sell new units. After this period is up, they are responsible for paying finance charges on un sold inventory. The manufactures give rebates to help dealers move the stock. Most dealers are forced to take a certain amount of new units per year too, regardless of what they can sell.

This is all true but the interest freeperiod is likely over by now. Most floorplans are several {5-8} percent over prime rate plus insurance means thousands per month. Hard to pay when sleds are being sold at cost.

I saw a Legend 15ft Boat getting towed today, had to laugh as it was -20 and lakes and rivers have almost 2 feet of ice

Archived