The Official Annapolis Valley Nova Scotia Snowmobiling Thread

500ssman

Well 500SSman,I see more of your truck is visible.

Mid June you may be able to see the rest of the lawn

Edited by 02Sled

17010943590_f8f0058561_o.png

Alot of sledders out yesterday enjoying the trails

Photo by Crossburn Snowmobile Club.

Edited by 500ssman

17198555425_504b3b26a7_o.png

Photo by AVRR

• 2 weeks later...

17010943590_f8f0058561_o.png

Alot of sledders out yesterday enjoying the trails

Photo by Crossburn Snowmobile Club.

Wow! Maybe I need to move east too! Great pics! Enjoy your summer!

and my boat comes out of storage tomorrow and will be in the water a week from now. What a contrast. Is your water still hard?

Well the season here is over. I haven't seen anyone out since the 21 of April. Now down in the Cape Breton Highlands they are still snowmobiling as of May 2.

post-19741-0-63684100-1430569987_thumb.j

I stand corrected!! Apparently they are still snowmobiling near Warwick mountain up by Truro.

• 7 months later...

IMG_20151227_135638_zpsc6rgzb3w.jpg

First 10 kms of the season

• Like 5

IMG_20151228_162845_zpsktvrzcl2.jpg

15 to 25 cms of snow forecast starting in the morning here in the valley!!

• Like 1

Female snowmobilier killed near Armstrong Lake

Good morning Crossburn Snowmobilers,

As many of you now know, we had a fatality on our club trail system yesterday near Armstrong Lake. First and foremost, our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time. On behalf of the Crossburn Snowmobile Club, I would like to pass along our condolences to the family involved in this incident.

I also want to thank the many people from our club and the surrounding communities of East Dalhousie and Armstrong Lake who pulled together very quickly to assist the emergency service providers.

This unfortunate incident is a reminder of what can happen and I encourage all snowmobilers to ride safe.

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/halifax-woman-dies-in-snowmobile-crash-1.2721643

Female snowmobilier killed near Armstrong Lake

Good morning Crossburn Snowmobilers,

As many of you now know, we had a fatality on our club trail system yesterday near Armstrong Lake. First and foremost, our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time. On behalf of the Crossburn Snowmobile Club, I would like to pass along our condolences to the family involved in this incident.

I also want to thank the many people from our club and the surrounding communities of East Dalhousie and Armstrong Lake who pulled together very quickly to assist the emergency service providers.

This unfortunate incident is a reminder of what can happen and I encourage all snowmobilers to ride safe.

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/halifax-woman-dies-in-snowmobile-crash-1.2721643

Pass along my condolences to the family involved also please.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_20160123_102013_zpskwmhv36y.jpg

IMG_20160123_115933_zpsxffu1y9t.jpg

IMG_20160123_124417_zpsfsgvqobp.jpg

IMG_20160123_124502_zps49xo5ykm.jpg

Doo Demo

facebook-20160123-212108_zpskowd6xnw.jpg

Me hanging out in my Polaris gear at a Doo demo show!!

Nice shot. Great to see the quantity of snow, and the variety of sledding iron.

hows it going,man you musta been bored to go to ski-doo demo...bill & his son have same colors as you.looks great on snow.like the 800

• Like 1

hows it going,man you musta been bored to go to ski-doo demo...bill & his son have same colors as you.looks great on snow.like the 800

Well they had free hot dogs there!! Yup the 800 sure is sweet and pared with the backcountry X track it makes for a slick trail weapon Not much can catch me in the beat up trail sections!

do they still have the circle track sled races in berwick?

No not anymore to my knowledge

good to hear,keep the posts coming...

always encouraging the Polaris riders

that's why I had to get one again

• Like 1

Sorry folks but like alot of areas throughout Canada we are experiencing a low snow year therefore not much to report or take pics of. Right now we are in the beginning ANOTHER massive meltdown with temps soaring to plus 12 tomorrow. Normally I'd say whatever but when you compare to the record setting totals we had last year it kinda feels like mother nature punched you in the gut. Still we could see a turnaround, if not I plan to do some comparison shots between the snowfall last year and this years snowfall. Will be quite interesting to see.

I feel your pain.. +8 here right now and going to 12 for the next 3 days. There are warnings to ice hut owners to pull them today in known areas of high water flow during melts.

Edited by dweese

Blizzard WarningIssued at 04:30 Monday 08 February 2016

Summary

Blizzard conditions with poor visibility in snow and blowing snow are expected or occurring. A low pressure system currently east of Cape Hatteras will track northeastward today then pass south of Nova Scotia tonight. Snow associated with this system will begin this morning over southwestern portions of the province then spread eastward through the day. Strong northeast winds combined with the falling snow will result in widespread blowing snow and reduced visibilities. Snowfall amounts near 30 centimetres are currently expected over much of Nova Scotia. The snow will taper to flurries through the day on Tuesday. Additionally this system will give higher than normal water levels and rough surf along the Atlantic coast of Nova Scotia at the high tides tonight and again Tuesday morning. Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility. If visibility is reduced while driving, slow down, watch for tail lights ahead and be prepared to stop. Blizzard warnings are issued when widespread reduced visibilities of 400 metres or less are expected for at least 4 hours. Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to weatherASPC@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports to #NSStorm.

Details

Looks like the season is back on....again!!

IMG_20160213_115738_1_zpstrddyhdj.jpg

In New Germany this morning . Trails out here are wick fast with this recent snow