Bancroft rail trail pretty sweet

I'll Ride Anything

Last 2 days conditions very good, little gravel fast shape.

from Friday 12/28/12 with new Gopro 3.

The 720p direct from camera is jaw dropping quality,

Youtube crushed not so much.

No flames please camera makes it look mach2 speed and did my best to not rip the new ribbon up.

Trails look great, didn't think the Bancroft rail line was open yet mind you, south end close to hwy7 is.

I've been looking at the new GoPro3, I like the idea of being able to get the live feed on my iphone so you can aim the camrea. But my older GoPro is working fine so its hard to drop $350 on a new one.

What frame rate are you shooting at? Looks like your running 60 frames per second (that's why you looking to be traveling at mach2), you should be shooting at 30fps.

I shoot everything at 1080, which is about 4gigs of card space an hour. Than edit it down in AVS4YOU, which seems to be the best software I've used to edit video easily and still keep high quality with small file sizes. It's much better than Windows movie maker and much easier than Sony Vegas.

yep the go pros rock,i bought a hero 2 last year,my bud bought a 3 this year,i cant possible see a difference between these 2..imo...although it is quite a jump from the oiginal to 3......great vids

Yes...on piece of advice is ssssssstay away from Sony Vegas. It has got to be the most finisky software I have ever seen. I have scrapped it and moved on. Lessen learned. I'm at the same point...my original GoPro is great but the 3 is sure tempting..

No flames please camera makes it look mach2 speed and did my best to not rip the new ribbon up.

that's why you looking to be traveling at mach2), you should be shooting at 30fps.

Does the pinned throttle, the prolonged redline acceleration, and the 70mph wind nose also add to the illusion of speed? ;-)

The GoPros just keep getting better and better. I didn't know I could display directly to my iPhone. I think I need to drop into Royal this week!

nice to see a freshly groomed trail with lots of snow....looked like 50 kph to me

The GoPros just keep getting better and better. I didn't know I could display directly to my iPhone. I think I need to drop into Royal this week!

Get the GoPro3(Black edition), the 2 supports it as well, however you have to buy a $99 wifi unit(if you can find one) to plug on the back to live feed option, the 3 has it built in

Was shot 720p 60fps Gopro 3 Silver edition. On a big screen or laptop video looks excellent.

The iphone integration works well, it lags slightly but fine for framing the shot.

Can turn camera on/off with it, start/stop recording as well as preview.

The Black edition had nothing more I wanted which is mostly a remote control that can control multiple cameras.

I'll try 30 fps 1080p next run.

That was a tad faster than 70 mph :drool2: tho

Looks great any recommendations for lodging? Booked Bancroft inn and suites tonight just in case, but not sure if this is best place to stay?

Hoping to ride Bancroft this weekend.

Bancroft Inn is where I usually stay. Only downside is there is not a restaurant on site.

I have read about the tough path to trail. Do you recommend anywhere else?

I think we would also just back track then to avoid the limited Combermere area.

I have read about the tough path to trail. Do you recommend anywhere else?

I think we would also just back track then to avoid the limited Combermere area.

Best Western is across the river from the trail, and there is a sled bridge and its a trailer friendly place. Gas is a bit of a pain however, about a 100 meter road run along a busy street. Used to be a backstreet trail but someone built a fence between the parking lot and the side street.

The access trail to the Bancroft Suites can just get pretty moguled.

Its not that long a run to discourage, we managed many years before becoming locals.

Best Western is more trail friendly but not nearly as good a deal.

Restaurant is on site at BW but prices are ridiculous.

As mentioned for either place radar a concern heading primarily north toward LSP, 5 km out of town not so much.

Thanks guy sounds good! Best western was $40 more a night do decided to stay with Bancroft inn, ill keep an eye out for radar thanks for heads up

Just got home from Bancroft. Stayed at the Bancroft Inn, the mogules you take to get to the main trail is worth the money you save from the BW. Yes the radar was set up at manooth so be aware. Luckily the freezing rain yesterday afternoon was bad enough to prevent any speeding. They were also checking the usual paper work. Thanks to the locals and volunteers who made this a very enjoyable vacation.

Shawn

Trails were well enjoyed Bancroft area today. B106E rail trail was steady traffic.

Unfortunately with temp being moderate trail paid the price by the end of the day.

Still enough snow but steady chop coming home. Ran 930 from OHSR clubhouse back to coe hill, it is truly limited it a gnarly trail.

Rant for the day is while sitting at a fairly main junction B106E/930 to OHSR clubhouse (mad busy today) it is a marked stop all directions.

Most riders realize a full stop is unnecessary but lordy a few cat riders blew threw with us sitting and watching at an easy 130 kph.

Good thing we are all looking out for them because they sure aren't looking for anyone else.

That rail trail has loads of go fast stretches but a main intersection isn't among them.

Rant for the day is while sitting at a fairly main junction B106E/930 to OHSR clubhouse (mad busy today) it is a marked stop all directions.

Most riders realize a full stop is unnecessary but lordy a few cat riders blew threw with us sitting and watching at an easy 130 kph.

Good thing we are all looking out for them because they sure aren't looking for anyone else.

That rail trail has loads of go fast stretches but a main intersection isn't among them.

No excuse to miss any stop sign on the trail. It's wide and well marked, should be open season to taser their ass when they go by.

Not arguing with anyone's choice of the Bancroft Motor Inn, but did notice that they are not map advertisers on any trail maps for this year that I have seen. (checked thoroughly - if I have missed something somewhere let me know) This enterprise makes a pretty good dollar on sledders and ATVer's. There may be some reason for this of which I am unfamiliar - local politics etc. - but a simple inquiry at the front desk at check in or check out as to why they aren't on the local map might be a reminder to them.

I have stayed there in the past, shared the misery of the bumpy access trail, but agree it is a good bargain and close to gas.

Not arguing with anyone's choice of the Bancroft Motor Inn, but did notice that they are not map advertisers on any trail maps for this year that I have seen. (checked thoroughly - if I have missed something somewhere let me know) This enterprise makes a pretty good dollar on sledders and ATVer's. There may be some reason for this of which I am unfamiliar - local politics etc. - but a simple inquiry at the front desk at check in or check out as to why they aren't on the local map might be a reminder to them.

I have stayed there in the past, shared the misery of the bumpy access trail, but agree it is a good bargain and close to gas.

the bumpy trail access and lack of club support may be related

No. The bumpy trail access was there when they sold permits for Maple Leaf and were on the map.

In that respect then, possibly. Although, I don't know club boundaries in the area, and there may be issues with that ...?

Archived