closed spot between hearst and kapuskasing .

BlakeBouch

Does anybody have any info regarding thisr

Does anybody have any info regarding thisr

I would guess it is a wet spot awaiting an ice bridge. Just a guess. Club could be out flooding it and trying to get it open. This is the case in the cochrane area.

More like, we're waiting for some snow to fall, and stay for a change. Went for a drive today, there's MAYBE 4 inches in the fields, more in the bush. Maybe. They've packed a couple of local trails, but there's just no snow to speak of. You'd do better with a quad, seriously.

And we didn't get anything big in the snow from Friday, maybe 1-2 inches in Hearst, 3 in Kap.

A local ice fisherman told me he wish he brought his gas auger. Better than 7 inches. Good solid ice. It's been fairly cold with minimal snow, they'll be froze good now. Rivers maybe not so much, but the lakes are good.

First off. Welcome to the Forums denis007. And it is good to have someone local to share actual conditions. Thanks for the info.

Absolutely my pleasure. Although I don't necessarily trail ride on the OFSC trails, I do ride plenty and I'll be kicking around on here regularly.

Absolutely my pleasure. Although I don't necessarily trail ride on the OFSC trails, I do ride plenty and I'll be kicking around on here regularly.

Thanks for the reports denis007 and welcome On Board. You've got some beauty trails in your area and we love going through there. (and stopping there) It's great to have someone local On Trail to report on conditions. That's what has made this forum so useful to so many riders - honest reports from real people. Thanks !!

Thanks STG ! Still not much snow, riding on dirt, ditches can't be filled in due to no snow, but the cold is sure going to freeze things up right proper -- -29 overnight. Brrr, the truck tires are gonna be pretty "square" this morning !!!

Did 2 PDI's yesterday, finishing the 2nd this morning, then got two more for today ... might have to do a bit of OT to get them all done, we're looking at a record year for sales, over the past 20 years ! We're bumming sleds all the way from Timmins & Thunder Bay, 'cause we've sold out !

Now if only it would snow .....

Thanks STG ! Still not much snow, riding on dirt, ditches can't be filled in due to no snow, but the cold is sure going to freeze things up right proper -- -29 overnight. Brrr, the truck tires are gonna be pretty "square" this morning !!!

Did 2 PDI's yesterday, finishing the 2nd this morning, then got two more for today ... might have to do a bit of OT to get them all done, we're looking at a record year for sales, over the past 20 years ! We're bumming sleds all the way from Timmins & Thunder Bay, 'cause we've sold out !

Now if only it would snow .....

So much for a poor economy... glad to see business is good.

So much for a poor economy... glad to see business is good.

Someone with connections got the 2012 registration info from the MTO ... We've got some 62% marketshare for new sled registrations in the Hearst area .... not counting the 10 or more that have been assembled & not registered since then. There's 4 brands in Hearst, 36% of units are from the other 3 brands.

Denis007, do you work at the skidoo dealership in Hearst?

Yuppers, coupla months now. Best move I've made yet. Prolly the best people I've worked for yet too, and I've had a few jobs ....

Someone with connections got the 2012 registration info from the MTO ... We've got some 62% marketshare for new sled registrations in the Hearst area .... not counting the 10 or more that have been assembled & not registered since then. There's 4 brands in Hearst, 36% of units are from the other 3 brands...... looks like you'll get 62% of repairs in hearst too...lol...glad to hear sales are good & you are busy

Someone with connections got the 2012 registration info from the MTO ... We've got some 62% marketshare for new sled

registrations in the Hearst area .... not counting

the 10 or more that have been assembled & not

registered since then. There's 4 brands in

Hearst, 36% of units are from the other 3

brands.

Yuppers, coupla months now. Best move I've made yet. Prolly the best people I've worked for yet too, and I've had a few jobs ....

I was a loyal yammie guy for the past 10 years. I bought a skidoo xr grand touring. Just love the product design. Hope the etec 600 doesn't leave me in the cold. Do I need to carry just the two little fuses near the battery and no relay's. Don't want to get stranded. Hoping to head up in march.

Someone with connections got the 2012 registration info from the MTO ... We've got some 62% marketshare for new sled registrations in the Hearst area .... not counting the 10 or more that have been assembled & not registered since then. There's 4 brands in Hearst, 36% of units are from the other 3 brands.

Congrats. We had some repairs done there last season while in the area, great bunch of guys indeed..

I was a loyal yammie guy for the past 10 years. I bought a skidoo xr grand touring. Just love the product design. Hope the etec 600 doesn't leave me in the cold. Do I need to carry just the two little fuses near the battery and no relay's. Don't want to get stranded. Hoping to head up in march.

If you want to be safe, get the relay, just in case. If I was 12 hours from home or 2 hours from a shop, I'd want it, if for no other reason than to maybe help someone else . The fuses, well, you'd have to have a pretty severe electrical malfunction to blow one of those, and if they do blow, you probably don't want to bypass the fuse. We've seen all of 2 E-Tec's having issues.... the first one a 2012 800R that blew up while still on break-in, so it obviously had a mechanical issue from new. The 2nd we're working on now, a 600 in the Expedition chassis, 2011, which looks like it had water in the fuel, and the PTO injector is now shorted/open.

The only other common issue with the 600 is the Exhaust manifold bolts, they come loose once in a while. And not all of them either. A good M5 ball-socket allen head wrench on a 3/8" drive with a coupla extensions and you can check them once in a while. If they get loose, clean the threads, add red loctite and snug them in proper. Almost a trailside fix if you have the exhaust spring tool to pull the pipe, and a few screws & washers handy.

Use known good fuel sources, add de-icer when in doubt, and hammer down. The E-Tec's are tough !

Thats some great Info Dennis, Yeah we need more snow for our area too (Dubreuilville) it's been a long time since I seen this low snow during the holidays, our terrain has lo'ts of rocks so we need more snow, it's been snowing alot since october but we had a few warm day with very hard rain that took out the snow a few times.

Archived