Shining Tree

3 Bears

Hi Everyone

Well, I guess it is out that Gogama will be running the trails up this way. As I stated last February, it was getting to be too much of a financial burden on Three Bears Camp to keep the trails running. The STTP was just barely holding its own and then we ran into trouble with out of district sales. Even though the people who bought the permits here normally rode here. Most have camps up this way. So much for "Buy Where You Ride". I was sorry to have to resign.....however, all the camps and gas station at Spruce Shilling will still be here for everryone this year and years to come. I wish Gogama Trail Plan much luck.

Hope to see you all in the future.

Kelly

Kelly

Thanks for all your work over the years and hopefully things will get better.

Sad to see this happen. Are you still operating 3 bears ? (on a happy note I pray that 02 beats 48)

Kelly - Thank you for looking after us over the years. What is happening at 3 Bears and with you?

Hello everybody, I know most of you won't want to hear this but there are 4 seasons in Ontario. Some shorter than the others but they are...Spring, Summer, Fall and Snowmobile Time. My camp, Spruce Shilling and Three Bears have been here many years and both of us will continue to be here for years to come hopefully. My camp is just like Three Bears, we're open year round, both of us. Although I'm not as pretty as Kelly. Yes Brandon and Kelly are still running Three Bears and have no intentions of closing, or us. Like I said we're both still here. All we've got to do is find a way to get all you sledders here. There will always be food, lodging and gas in Shining Tree. I believe maybe the Gogama club will pull this out....I hope so anyway.

I would miss all the little gigs at my gas pump about whose sled is the fastest, newest, best looking and best gas mileage, including the guy who is being towed in because he ran out of gas....only because he drove faster than the guy that towed him in. LOL. And believe me, in the course of a good winter I've seen it and heard it all. And that I would miss. So good luck on the snowfall and the trails being open. But remember....Three Bears and Spruce Shilling will be here. If Kelly's not at Three Bears, check my place because it's her second home. LMAO.

Leon

Sad to see this happen. Are you still operating 3 bears ? (on a happy note I pray that 02 beats 48)

Still here and open and watching Jimmie win....see you this winter

Kelly - Thank you for looking after us over the years. What is happening at 3 Bears and with you?

You are still stuck with me Bob....T bones for you and lots of sour cream and the rug in your cabin...lol

Kelly

Thanks for all your work over the years and hopefully things will get better.

No, THANKS for Everyones business...see you this year.

including the guy who is being towed in because he ran out of gas....only because he drove faster than the guy that towed him in. LOL.

Now that's funny!

Great to hear that Spruce Shilling and 3 Bears are running on all cylinders. I recall the extraordinary effort that the Shining Tree club went thru on a re-route a few years ago....it felt like you cut through 3 kms of trees to get riders to Shining Tree that year.

Thanks to everyone at that club and look forward to seeing you again this year (we popped in for a quick lunch late last year @ 3 Bears).

You are still stuck with me Bob....T bones for you and lots of sour cream and the rug in your cabin...lol

Glad to hear you're there.

See you in a few months.

I just wanted to add my thanks to all the work everyone from Shinning Tree has done over the years, some people wouldnt realize the countless hours of work that goes into maintaining the trails in a remote area like yours all while your trying to operate your own business. This scenario isn't just in your Club but so many throughout the north and i often wondered how long some could carry on and make it work.

I had the opportunity to be in Gogama about ten years ago and offered to lend a hand to give a lodge operator a night off and operate his groomer for him on a 15 hr run. I could tell it was much appreciated and do this day i bet Jim still wonders if I had all my marbles.

I'm glad your still going to be connected to the trail system and I hope all works out for all involved.

Thank you

I just wanted to add my thanks to all the work everyone from Shinning Tree has done over the years, some people wouldnt realize the countless hours of work that goes into maintaining the trails in a remote area like yours all while your trying to operate your own business. This scenario isn't just in your Club but so many throughout the north and i often wondered how long some could carry on and make it work.

I had the opportunity to be in Gogama about ten years ago and offered to lend a hand to give a lodge operator a night off and operate his groomer for him on a 15 hr run. I could tell it was much appreciated and do this day i bet Jim still wonders if I had all my marbles.

I'm glad your still going to be connected to the trail system and I hope all works out for all involved.

Thank you

Jim was a great guy...and joeanne his wife the same....he had along run in that groomer on his own in the middle of no where...remember spending a day on the pole line south of post 392 changing a flat tire on the tractor....can u say cold...yes indy its great to see some trying to keep it going....tough job in that area.

Archived