Snowmobile Dolly and Snowmobile Lift

02Sled

Princess Auto has them on sale in the flyer I just got. Sale starts Friday. The lift is good but be careful. I just gave one away that I used for a number of years. The hooks that typically grab the rear end of the sled were too close together. My brake light was too wide.

They also have a hitch mount truck bed extender. I've always wondered if they would be beneficial for the guys that run down the road with their sleds in the back of the truck and a chunk of it hanging out past the tailgate. The flyer also has ramps on sale.

Happy with my lift, with limitations. 

Lubricate the screw, and DOUBLE check it can't be wound out past the threads. It's supposed to go past "top dead center" and stop using the weight of the sled to lock it in place.

I think mine had a crimp in the end of the threaded rod at one time, but one time, I wound it up right past that, and the sled went over the top, and took some doing to get the sled off the collapsed lift.

Could have been very dangerous in a smaller space.

Oops. Didn't realize we were discussing the stand. Thought it was this under discussion, until I perused PA's ad in my inbox...

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/750-lb-snowmobile-service-lift/A-p8328270e

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, 02Sled said:

Princess Auto has them on sale in the flyer I just got. Sale starts Friday. The lift is good but be careful. I just gave one away that I used for a number of years. The hooks that typically grab the rear end of the sled were too close together. My brake light was too wide.

They also have a hitch mount truck bed extender. I've always wondered if they would be beneficial for the guys that run down the road with their sleds in the back of the truck and a chunk of it hanging out past the tailgate. The flyer also has ramps on sale.

There selling there tri-fold ramp for $289.99. Canadian tire has a tri-fold for $179.99. Look very similar.

2 hours ago, thetorches said:

There selling there tri-fold ramp for $289.99. Canadian tire has a tri-fold for $179.99. Look very similar.

I’ve got the crappy tire trifold I bought on sale 4 years ago for the sane price. Still works fine. The extension ramp from royal would be a good idea. I find the angle can bury the rear flap when backing off sometimes.  

I got mine at Princess about 4 or 5 years ago. I virtually never use the ramp to unload. If I can find a good snowbank, I use it for quick loading without the ramp. Likely used the ramp about 150 times to load, and maybe 25 to unload. Ramp works ok, but I've had to get the aluminum hinges welded twice. I think the welds break from my careless handling of the ramp in cold weather.

My PA ramp came with the extension, made by Ericksen. 

Worked great, used it to load into my barn door trailer. 

Nice thing about PA, if the weld DID break after 2 years, they'd hand you a new one. 

CTC would just look at you funny.

On 11/22/2018 at 8:24 PM, Blake G said:

I got mine at Princess about 4 or 5 years ago. I virtually never use the ramp to unload. If I can find a good snowbank, I use it for quick loading without the ramp. Likely used the ramp about 150 times to load, and maybe 25 to unload. Ramp works ok, but I've had to get the aluminum hinges welded twice. I think the welds break from my careless handling of the ramp in cold weather.

Wish my sh...y back would allow me to do that like I could as a young man again.  

• 1 month later...

How not to use a loading ramp

Archived