Snowmobilers are the best!

VPET

I was out on Lake of Bays on Friday afternoon for my first ride of the season and had a couple of sled issues.  The first issue was a shredded belt and being the trailer in my group, my friends didn't see me pull over and kept on riding.  (In fairness, visibility was not great with snow blowing around from the sled tracks)  A rider behind me signalled that he would catch up and advise them that I had to pull over due to issues.  Second set of guys to cross my way, stopped, and showed me how to install a belt.  My friends showed up just in time for the finishing touches to get the sled going.  Of note, the gentleman who caught up to my friends, also shredded a belt while trying to catch them and the same crew that helped me, stopped to help him out as well as and we all waited to insure he was able to start and move his sled without issue.   Big shout out to the crew of guys that helped me on Friday afternoon!

Oh, side note, I lost my brakes 20 minutes later.  We were able to fix the brake problem later that evening in the garage.  Saturday riding was without issue...LOL.

Yes, most of us can be counted on to help a brother (or sister) out when something goes wrong.

Probably because pretty much all of us have been there in that position too..shredded belts, or worse!

yep, absolutely love that (most) people stop to help, I do it myself, have helped load broken sleds onto trailer, took one to the shop, gave directions, dug people out, you name it.  And been helped couple times myself.  I always do there thumbs up check anytime I see stopped sleds even if it looks like they are just taking a break. rather be sure.  It's a great community. :)

Ditto. I was stopped at the trailside checking belt wear, a younger guy on a Cat crossover slowed down to check on me, gave him the thumbs up and off he went.  He was fully prepared to stop for me. 

Small instances like this make my day.

Checking for belt wear is a thing?

4 hours ago, Sneaks said:

yep, absolutely love that (most) people stop to help, I do it myself, have helped load broken sleds onto trailer, took one to the shop, gave directions, dug people out, you name it.  And been helped couple times myself.  I always do there thumbs up check anytime I see stopped sleds even if it looks like they are just taking a break. rather be sure.  It's a great community. :)

Stopped a few years ago on E107 just outside of Apsley. Rider was standing beside a newish looking Cat w/ the clutch laying on the snow. I asked him if he was stuck, he said no that his buddy was going to get his truck & trailer from the rink & drive to the road crossing just down the trail. 

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

Checking for belt wear is a thing?

When you demand 110% from your stuff.... it has to be 110% right. 

I was lucky enough to get towed last year after blowing engine. And this year the PPSC was kind enough to tow me into there  groomer shed when sled wouldn't start. Just pay it forward.

Archived