Will Sudbury trails survive the warm up?

snomopc

I live 10 mins from them.

If it did rain it wasn't much.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Soupkids,

You noted in an earlier post that trails in the south were getting beat on (Sudbury and the Valley I presume). How far north does the snow hold on. Do you have to go up as far as Rockys at Wanapitei, or is it ok around Garson?

Thanks

MS

Garson north will live.

17 north will be rideable 

1 minute ago, soupkids said:

Garson north will live.

17 north will be rideable 

Even with upcoming rain? I was talking with a fellow on FB last night and he said timmins was almost shot....

Calling for snow with 40% rain today.

North of us had a lot less snow than us this year.

2 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Calling for snow with 40% rain today.

North of us had a lot less snow than us this year.

I had a feeling they didn't have as much and that was the case...we just pushed our reservations back one day, will be heading up early Saturday morning and staying until Monday now...

I'll be riding all weekendstartingFriday

Ok kewl. Keep an eye out for an all black viper and new all black 850 doo and an older doo. Not sure on our actual tracks yet, I told my buddy to make the routes this time...

From my backyard.

The fence is 40 inches tall

20170222_112239.jpg

Appreciate the updates and pic.

You guys are definitely getting hit. Pray for some new snow.

MS

Nothing here yet

Foggy as hell

On Tuesday rode from Kirkland Lake to Chateau Guay Sudbury .  South of Rockies very very bad should be closed 25 K north of Rockies much better. Left this morning +6 foggy 2 more days of warm weather coming .

Very very bad as in not groomed or no snow?

I'm kind of wondering if they are very very bad why they are still listed as green...I guess it comes down to personal preference

5 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

I'm kind of wondering if they are very very bad why they are still listed as green...I guess it comes down to personal preference

Or one of the club volunteers who likely isn't retired actually validating the trail conditions and getting the ITG administrator to update it.

3 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Or one of the club volunteers who likely isn't retired actually validating the trail conditions and getting the ITG administrator to update it.

That could very well be the issue as well. I'm really hoping they stay green, I'll take yellow right now though lol...

5 hours ago, soupkids said:

Nothing here yet

Foggy as hell

I meant - getting 'hi't with warmth - not snow.

I like your positive thinking though....lol

MS

Trails are pretty shot, just finished up my big loop and arrived back to Sudbury Tuesday, trails sure did take a beating.  We left Cochrane on Monday and rode to Shining tree trails were good until Timmins and then went down hill pretty fast.  Hopefully it turns cold and more snow comes.

Well, we've decided to cancel. Reports from clubs and from you guys here have been the deciding factor. 

A lot of clubs just haven't reported trail status to the manager yet...

"Not Anne - I am the operations manager for the STP - The trails belong to clubs - grooming to the STP. I wait until clubs report conditions before I upgrade or downgrade. A few clubs already  have and others will be today. The northern clubs usually have better conditions and base but you will need to trailer to the outskirts in some cases. If you are traveling a long distance to get here I personally would not this weekend. Like I said with some snow and cold many of the trails will quickly be in great condition but right now they are marginal at best from the reports I am hearing"

22 hours ago, soupkids said:

I'll be riding all weekendstartingFriday

Broder dill club said lots of mud, water, rocks and MOGULS! 

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

Broder dill club said lots of mud, water, rocks and MOGULS! 

Hey Laker. Where were you planning on riding? The Cartier Moose loop reported back this morning all green. The Northbound sno drifters are still doing their poker run this weekend. I live on Long lake in the south end and Yes its a mess out here (we got T-storm last night and this morning). But its colder up there. Plus there will be snow coming in on Friday and <-10 nights this weekend.

We were planning on staying at chateau guay and doing 250-300km on day 1, then 350-400km on day 2 and another 250-300km on the third day, but that's not really doable anymore I don't think...

I'm thinking D12 trails are toast, maybe even burnt toast.

BTW the trails should not be green IMO 

Supposedly Sudbury is still good...hahaha!

Archived