2016 north parry sound march 5

slomo

Sledding has been tough in the DunAhmic area this year, but finally got to get out direct from the driveway nice and early Saturday...

post-19713-0-73395500-1457256550_thumb.j

Too lazy to take too many pictures, but here are a few.....

Across Lake Manitowabing in good shape and over trail 804 toward C 101....

post-19713-0-24014800-1457256559_thumb.j

As some would say 'white pavement'.....

post-19713-0-96762300-1457256568_thumb.j

Not a big fan of C 101 - no knock on the club....just real geographical challenges....after a few groups get over it, some of the hidden corners turn into funnels which direct you to the opposite side of the trail....fist bumping the purple outhouse at the junction of 804 and C101 has been good luck for no incidents so far....

post-19713-0-48316800-1457256581_thumb.j

I let a few guys pass me by and take their pictures to put on the forum.....maybe they will see themselves...

post-19713-0-19431500-1457256594_thumb.j

post-19713-0-57087100-1457256607_thumb.j

post-19713-0-94789300-1457256624_thumb.j

post-19713-0-56010100-1457256640_thumb.j

Seguin in good shape on the way to the PetroCan on the 400, but oncoming traffic tells me trail will be not as smooth coming back. Head along C alternate into town to see how the good folks of Parry Sound are doing this fine day....

post-19713-0-38779800-1457256656_thumb.j

Through town and up into Carling trails for a bit, then return. Stop by and meet SuperG and noforumnickname who have set up the South Seguin and DunAhmic barbeque at the C101/Seguin Trail junction.....have a burger and potato salad and chat for a bit....nice of them to go to this trouble and expense and thanks to Sobey's in Parry Sound who donated hundreds of dollars of food and Gordon Bay Marine who apparently gave them a good deal on the barbeque itself - nice unit. The guys contributed the propane tank and gas themselves. Word is they hope to make this an on-going event so watch out for next year. If SuperG wishes he can supply email contacts so we can send thanks to those sponsors....

The guy standing behind the barbeque in this picture looks like someone I've seen on a TV show, but didn't really want to bother him to find out...

post-19713-0-56852900-1457256670_thumb.j

Back up the C101.....pretty well used by this time....almost want to kiss the purple outhouse when I arrive this time, another safe passage and home.

post-19713-0-77956000-1457256683_thumb.j

Only strange thing on this ride - two people pointed out that "something was hanging from your track" - turned out they'd never seen ice scratchers before??? Have had plenty of people ask about the little wheels attached to the skiis, but not the scratchers. A good and appreciated effort by all the clubs in the area - trails best they could be with the snow situation this year. Thanks!

great report & pics slomo,super g gets arounds for sure

To the sledders that lost a few tins of Heineken on trail 804 right around where it makes the 90 degree turn to McKeller....stop worrying...ms. slomo found them while out cross country skiing and we have given them a good home.

To the sledders that lost a few tins of Heineken on trail 804 right around where it makes the 90 degree turn to McKeller....stop worrying...ms. slomo found them while out cross country skiing and we have given them a good home.

Funny that is a better reward than the top sledder contest 

Damn cross country skiers on our trails... Now they're stealing the beer rather than turn it in to the police for the rightful owners to be able to claim :-)

We rode in Parry Sound more than we normally would,lack of snow in district 8.With all the traffic the trails were pretty good most times, a few water crossings on the sequin a few times.Posted 

questions about conditions. Wildbill always responded.Going to buy one of our permits from South Sequin club next year.

To the sledders that lost a few tins of Heineken ....

Too funny.

It felt like a short season this year. Reports like this, and images from all over Ontario, will help me get through the summer.

Thanks for taking the time.

Too funny.

It felt like a short season this year. Reports like this, and images from all over Ontario, will help me get through the summer.

Thanks for taking the time.

as you go through withdrawal about mid July put on the helmet and boots with shorts and tshirt then go sit on the dock at the cottage. Your neighbours will realize how much you are missing winter. They will also think you're nuts and your family may disavow knowing you but what the heck.

as you go through withdrawal about mid July put on the helmet and boots with shorts and tshirt then go sit on the dock at the cottage. Your neighbours will realize how much you are missing winter. They will also think you're nuts and your family may disavow knowing you but what the heck.

I just start the sleds in the driveway, have a cold beverage and a smoke or two and think about the winter ahead, usually lasts a couple of weeks till I repeat as needed...

I just start the sleds in the driveway, have a cold beverage and a smoke or two and think about the winter ahead, usually lasts a couple of weeks till I repeat as needed...

Lmao!!!!!

Archived