Rock Pine, Marten River

jedanr

I had the occassion to stop at the Rock Pine for lunch this past Monday and I give them two thumbs up for an excellent meal. Just had the soup and sandwich however this place really gives meaning to the term home cooking. My compliments to the chef and staff.

On another note the owners really have to get into gear on the gas situtation. Not quite sure what the issue is with since the pumnps and infrastructure are in place.

Sure is a great place for a snack etc.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone stayed overnight in the motel rooms there? any comments?

stayed there 2009...my buddy booked room...only local tv...was -32 in morning,,,water was froze & so were we...food was good

stayed there 2009...my buddy booked room...only local tv...was -32 in morning,,,water was froze & so were we...food was good

Whoa that's a tad cool...I thought I read that it's under new management....would be interesting to know.Ive also ate there a few times and the meals were good.

We would like to stay in that area this winter and ride day loops from there...absolutely love the trails and lack of traffic in that area

Thanks for the comments

Whoa that's a tad cool...I thought I read that it's under new management....would be interesting to know.Ive also ate there a few times and the meals were good.

We would like to stay in that area this winter and ride day loops from there...absolutely love the trails and lack of traffic in that area

Thanks for the comments

I'd like to hear from anyone who has stayed there recently as well...

Our group of three staged there last February 22,good meals,basic but clean rooms,no gas,but available up trail a bit north.Cheap,but OK for an overnight....

Our group of three staged there last February 22,good meals,basic but clean rooms,no gas,but available up trail a bit north.Cheap,but OK for an overnight....

Were they out of gas temporarily or was this permanent?

What's the name of the gas station to the north?

My GPS file shows gas @ the Marten River Trading Post, 3 miles up the highway. Is that where the groomer is parked?

Thats where we got gas last Feb...Martin River Trading Post,and the groomer was just leaving to groom to the north..

We had a number of people stay there for a wedding in late August, I even had the chance to tour one room and seen nothing wrong with it. I'm not sure when the new owners took over but the word of good eats is getting around and we ate there one morning and it was excellent and large portions. No one from my wedding group had any complaints about the place and the owner went out of his way to accommodate a boy in a wheelchair. Not sure about the gas situtaion, i always fill up at the Trappers trading post anyhow.

Archived