Gowganda Lake Lodge is a great place to stay

30cal4me

As has been written on here already, our trip was supposed tom start/end in Gowganda @ Gowganda Lake Lodge. I would like to share some thoughts on it at this time. We arrived to a very nice clean and warm cottage Saturday afternoon. Ron was very helpful in getting my truck put out of the way for the 7 days we would be away riding.

An awesome supper consisting of a 1/2 of roasted chicken, potato & cheese casserole, vegatable(can't remember), dinner rolls and apple pie. All were excellent and served right our cottage.

Breakfast was whatever we wanted and whenever we wanted it(7:30 for us).

Ron even drove 100km from Gowganda to Hwy 144 to get me and take me back to camp when our sleds started to fail. He would not take anything for his gas/time.

Unfortunately we had to abort our plan of staying there on our last night and cancelled mid-morning on the intended day of arrival.

While settling up today with Giselle, she said they were unable to rent our cabin out that night so a charge of $50 was applied to sort of offset the late cancellation/taxi issues. I had absolutely no problem with that.

All said and done our stay cost us $86/person(taxes in) for the night and 2 delicious meals. That includes the $50 extra.

These rates are very competitive to any place in the north that offers one-stop shopping.

I encourage everyone staying in Gowganda to consider Gowganda Lake Lodge.

I will definitely be trying to fit it into future plans.

We are here now and agree with everything you posted , we justdid 1100 kms of loops from here and all trails were in awsome shape , have to go back home to reality tommorrow

I stayed there about 3 years ago, and everything was fantastic!!

W/ the change in our trip it was disappointing to say the least that we weren't going to spend our last night there.

As I post this, the fantastic home cooked meal that Giselle prepared is settling in my stomach. A nice warned outage awaited us. A home cooked meal is a welcome that is second to none.

I wish Gowganda was closer as weekend trips to Ron & Giselle's Gowganda Lake Lodge would be a trip made often.

Nothing like a good meal after a days riding and home cooked always beats something out of the freezer section. Add some beverages to the mix and it will be sleepy time soon.

We are here now and agree with everything you posted , we justdid 1100 kms of loops from here and all trails were in awsome shape , have to go back home to reality tommorrow

Hey there Muskoka Man......remember me. I dropped by. We have the same sleds.

Archived