Hidden Valley Resort

snowgirl

Is Hidden Valley Resort easily accessible by snowmachine. I located it on the interactive map, but it doesn't seem to have a trail to the resort...is it a "follow road" situation?

You can get to Hidden Valley right off of Penn lake. I do believe they have a fenced in lock up for the sleds too

Access is off Penn Lake (trail 77). The intersection of that trail and the one that comes on to Penn lake from North Portage is (approximately) in front of the resort. And, yes, trickleteam is correct; they have a fenced in lock up for sleds. They use the tennis courts.

Access is off Penn Lake (trail 77). The intersection of that trail and the one that comes on to Penn lake from North Portage is (approximately) in front of the resort. And, yes, trickleteam is correct; they have a fenced in lock up for sleds. They use the tennis courts.

A word of warning, snowgirl...STG is quite correct, but the Interactive Trail Guide still shows that portion of Trail 77 (the stake-line across Pen Lake from Deerhurst to Hillside/Tally-Ho) as red (closed.) That lake link still wasn't staked as recently as last week, but it may have happened this week...it's worth double-checking just to be safe. Otherwise, getting to Hidden Valley by road-running is UGLY, especially with all the recent sunny weather and mildish temperatures.

A word of warning, snowgirl...STG is quite correct, but the Interactive Trail Guide still shows that portion of Trail 77 (the stake-line across Pen Lake from Deerhurst to Hillside/Tally-Ho) as red (closed.) That lake link still wasn't staked as recently as last week, but it may have happened this week...it's worth double-checking just to be safe. Otherwise, getting to Hidden Valley by road-running is UGLY, especially with all the recent sunny weather and mildish temperatures.

Of course, by tomorrow, the IAFTG may not even show the existence of District 7. Earler this week several trails disappeared (Again!).

If there are no stakes I would not go. On the other hand if the IAFTG shows it as green that is not necessarily the truth either. Ask STK1, 2 & 3 + Ramsomair who found unbrushed and unopened trail an hour from their next overnight that was bright green on the IAFTG !

Check a local club website to see if they are independently reporting on trail conditions. Hill and Gully or Tall Pines or whoever for this area.

Like said was not staked last weekend...now saying that we rode it last weekend after seeing a couple of trucks out there (locals)

BUT if U dont know dont go.....Stay Safe.

We had the Kelly Shires Snow Run out of there last weekend. Great Resort, Great food, COMFY beds :) BUT...we were not allowed to use the lake as it was not staked :( We were forced onto the ugly road...with very little snow to get over to Deerhurst to access the trail. Having said that....we are getting a little snow up here today...so that road may be snow covered the weekend (at least the shoulder of it) so it may be OK to run. :) If the lake isn't staked...I wouldn't go...there was a lot of slush out there :-( Once you get to the trails the Algonquin S.C. had the trails in great shape last weekend...I am sure that this little top up of snow will make them even better :tongue:

As we headed further south towards Baysville - the trail conditions were getting more limited and snow base thin. I would stick to the Huntsville area and north from there for better trail conditions . Have a great weekend 8-)

Right now it is a real roll of the dice as to what conditions will be like. I was booked into the Econolodge in Huntsville for the long weekend and planned on trailering to wherever I needed to nearby in order to get a good ride. A number of suggestions have been Dwight. I just changed the reservation. $99 for the Econlodge and $116 for Hidden Valley. My wife I am sure will prefer Hidden Valley over Econoldge. If the lake is staked bonus. If not I am trailering from Toronto to get there. A couple more miles won't make a difference.

Apparently it is snowing now... hopefully we even get more through the week.

Thanks everyone. I saw the OFSC site shows the lake trail as closed. I certainly won't go on it if it's not staked, i've never been in that area. We are doing the RAP and this is our second overnight stop coming from Dorset. How long of a distance by road are we looking at? Hopefully there is some fresh snow...

Archived