Parry Sound to Ardbeg trail closing

Running Wild

According to the Parry Sound Snowmobile District Association, Hydro are re-decking two bridges in the next two weeks on the hydro line trail and it will be closed for that time. Total BS in my mind as they can easily access these bridges in the summer time and not in the prime snowmobile season or what's left of it! Look here: http://www.pssd.ca/

RW

This a terrible idea they could actually do this easier and a lot cheaper in the summer the bridges are far from unsafe butthey are hydro so they do what they want when they want and if it costs extra just raise rates.

Probably will bulldoze the trail to get to them as well.

& probably lookin for a thanks at the end of it...

Probably will bulldoze the trail to get to them as well.

Rode this section on Saturday, was not bad, but after yesterday and today it is prob toast, so not sure if the bulldozer would do much more damage. Lot of rocks showing that is for sure.

PSSD has it wrong, I'm the owner of Loggers Station House in Ardbeg where the crews are using my place as a staging area, the on site supervisor is calling me daily to update the work and closures. Last week the Dogfish bridge was re-decked over a 2 day period, they had the trails cleared and repaired for this past weekend yet my attempts to have the PSSD post this update were met with silence. The Shawanaga river bridge is being re-decked starting Monday and should be completed by the end of Wednesday. The few who did come up the C from hwy124 said the conditions were not that good partly do to lack of snow and partly do to no grooming or at least dragging the trail. The reporting that the trails will be closed by hydro for 2 weeks are completely false. I will be trying again tomorrow to get an update on trail condintions from either the PSSD or Carling trailblazers and will continue to update this forum. Bad enough having to fight mother nature, really sucks to have mis information being spread on the radio and web. Just a footnote, trails in the Cramadog area are fair to good! Cheers and good sledding.

Thanks for the accurate report upnorth12 and welcome to OC.com

PSSD has it wrong, I'm the owner of Loggers Station House in Ardbeg where the crews are using my place as a staging area, the on site supervisor is calling me daily to update the work and closures. Last week the Dogfish bridge was re-decked over a 2 day period, they had the trails cleared and repaired for this past weekend yet my attempts to have the PSSD post this update were met with silence. The Shawanaga river bridge is being re-decked starting Monday and should be completed by the end of Wednesday. The few who did come up the C from hwy124 said the conditions were not that good partly do to lack of snow and partly do to no grooming or at least dragging the trail. The reporting that the trails will be closed by hydro for 2 weeks are completely false. I will be trying again tomorrow to get an update on trail condintions from either the PSSD or Carling trailblazers and will continue to update this forum. Bad enough having to fight mother nature, really sucks to have mis information being spread on the radio and web. Just a footnote, trails in the Cramadog area are fair to good! Cheers and good sledding.

We stopped in for a bite last Sunday at your place , enjoyed the comfort food .. Trails were decent and I was more than happy to ride what mother nature offered.... Personally I think Cramadog has done a fair job in comparison to last year ...

Thanks for the update and your club support !

yet my attempts to have the PSSD post this update were met with silence.

PSSD has a Facebook page. If you're on Facebook, maybe you could post it there directly & eliminate the "middleman".

We stopped in for a bite last Sunday at your place , enjoyed the comfort food .. Trails were decent and I was more than happy to ride what mother nature offered.... Personally I think Cramadog has done a fair job in comparison to last year ...

Thanks for the update and your club support !

Sure you ride and stop there the day after we were there, go figure :)

Thanks for the update...we'll be seeing you this weekend!

Archived