Petawawa Update-anyone???

shawnj

I had oopp'sd and put this in the wrong spot earlier. Anyone in the Petawawa area give an update on here. Might go up in a weeks time for a couple day trips out of the area. Whats a good trail side accomodation, cottage or motel??? I have a couple in mind but wondering on other folks ideas. Thanks.

I had oopp'sd and put this in the wrong spot earlier. Anyone in the Petawawa area give an update on here. Might go up in a weeks time for a couple day trips out of the area. Whats a good trail side accomodation, cottage or motel??? I have a couple in mind but wondering on other folks ideas. Thanks.

was thru petawawa on monday on A trail...they have enuff snow & trails were in good shape

Petawawa is good to go, even more snow as you heard west to Chalk River, Deep River, Rolphton, Stonecliffe to Deux Rivers. Rode up to Stonecliff & over to trails 131, 136, 137 were good, lots of snow.

Poker run (North Renfrew club (NRSA)) on Saturday Feb 4, in Chalk RIver at the rink house (across from Lions Hall). There is a staging area just east of Chalk River on Hwy 17, in the Chalk River Business Park. The 32nd Annual Chalk River Winter Carnival is taking place this weeken, contact Rosalee or Bruce 613-586-2355 at (boucherrose@hotmail.ca) for more info or visit www.nrsa.ca

Hey thanks for the info. I see Timberline is having a poker run Saturday evening as well. I have been to Stonecliff twice already but 4 of us are just heading to Petawawa Thursday til.Sunday this trip. Hope they dont get too much rain.......

KCC. how was the 136 etc trails. Did you go down what I call the "steep icy hill" I have that saved on my gps. I most always do this

trail clockwise. Rather go down the hill vs. up. Usually a nice trip around there. Sometimes the signs are a bit confusing but I usually stay to the left so I take the longest loop around and pop out at the Missing Link Junction.

I have not been down the 136/137 lately, but a friend was down the trail yesterday & said it was great!!! I'll post some weather reports later on as well.

At Rolphton, we got about 3 inches of snow, no rain, its -5, so hopefully not to mild today.

Friends of mine own pine ridge park and resort. They are gonna meet us to go sledding when we get up there thursday. I would of stayed there but they are full next couple weekends. Hope it wasn't too warm up there for ya's today.

Trails are in great shape, fresh snow last night, only got to -2 today & no rain, so we are good to go!!!

We left Haliburton Lake around 11am and pulled into Pine Ridge between 4:30 and 5pm. That's taking it fairly easy with one stop for gas and a few trail stops.

Put on about 550kms last couple days up there. Great trails.

Spoke with the groomer op at the burnt cat on the trail. He'd been out since 630AM and this was late afternoon and he was venturing back home toward Golden Lake. Was leaving behind a nice smooth trail. Thanks to all the volunteers in the areas we traveled. Was a fun couple days for the four of us.

Has there been much in the way of new snowfall in the last few days or near future up there and to the west?? Going back up next weekend and hope trails are at least half as good as last time. :hyper:

We just went through on the A trail when we were riding the RAP tour on Friday afternoon and they were busy but holding up well. We were up there on the 4th as well

What's the forecast calling for near the end of week up there around Rolphton? Calling for rain in my area.

Going to be a soggy end to the week.

Its +2 & snowing here in Rolphton area, trails were good yesterday. Today they are still good, but very soft, got an email from a fellow snowmobiler at noon, so I'm not going out on the trails today. But will be out tomorrow & report back later in the day.

KCC II see you are in rolphton area. do you know condition of 386 trail on Que side north of Rolphton?

I came down the 386 from Val-d'Or to Pavillon La Verendrye lodge on Sunday, trail was good. On Monday came down 386 from Pavillon to Swisha & met the groomer, so

trail should be in good shape.

Thanks for report. Trying to decide where to go for 5 day ride starting mon. Have to wait and see what forecast says fri and sat.

Archived