Dangerous driving ticket???

Pstn head

but problem there, raise the fine, more people might try and run ...

Then shoot them! Moving target = more challenge :D

Shot them where they stand... :)

Or maybe $1000 fine would be less paperwork LOL, but problem there, raise the fine, more people might try and run than it becomes a safety thing for those running and the rest of us on the trail they might run in too

I think it should be impound the sled and owner pays impound fees and the club gets the money from the fines! The law is too leanient when it come to these people! I don't know how many times I have read that a trail patrol officer has caught a group of non permit riders and let them go after letting them scrounge up enough cash to buy one permit. Why not take their name address and phone number and go after what is owed? By no means is this a shot a trail patrol either but something has to be done.

Sorry for the hi jack rant.

I like the way things used to be many years ago... they hung horse theives. Wasn't it the Arabs that if you got caught stealing they would lop off a hand. Get caught without a trail permit you are a thief... lop off a hand.

The right hand!

This is modern times... let's not be so harsh I guess... how about just take off the right thumb.

The law is too leanient

Do stricter fines really deter anyone? It's like the joke going around right now: "being caught downloading Micheal Jackson's music will put you in jail for more years than killing him." And yet, even with incredibly harsh penalties, something like 90% of the population are believed to be out there breaking that law. 20% of Canadians use marijuana - the same usage rates as tobacco! The threat of penalty doesn't scare anyone off.

Enforcement does scare people though. If there was a 100% chance of being caught, even if the fines were small, it would end immediately.

I agree but the enforcement has to have some teeth so that the fines do not make it worthwhile to just pay the fine.

If they get away with no permit or insurance even when they get caught. Yes I do believe that stricter fines as well as enforcement will stop them. Especially when you take their sled!

People still street race and drive drunk so no stronger fines don't work. Hell even in those places where capital punishment is used, it still doesn't stop people from killing other people.

I'd have to say that, that most people feel the rewards out weight the risk.

Besides of we push to get the act opened up to get higher fines most likely some self serving politician will push some other change at the same time. So we might get higher fines but sleds might have to be power limited to 50hp or they'll make us all have to pass a operators test like the boat exam or crap like that.

The law should change for those who ride without a permit or no insurance!

I cannot speak on behalf of no permit, there are those here that can comment better then I. However I can comment that either one of; no drivers license, speeding over 50km, no insurance or no ownership are standard $110/ea per violation. They will not affect your insurance as not covered under the Highway Traffic Act.

I agree but the enforcement has to have some teeth so that the fines do not make it worthwhile to just pay the fine.

Being this close to the Seguin I am getting tired of enforcement for the sake of enforcement. At some point it becomes harrassment.

Being this close to the Seguin I am getting tired of enforcement for the sake of enforcement. At some point it becomes harrassment.

I totally agree. I regularily take the Sequin from my place on Otter over to Huntsville and back. Getting really tired of seeing the same enforcement in the same places year after year, weekend after weeked, day after day. It's easy pickings for the coppers for sure. All the nut bars from the city don't seem to mind filling the provincial coffers with their cash and lets be honest, 50kms on most of the seguin is really slow and the coppers know that almost everyone will be above that limit and that's why they camp out. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I wonder how many non permit riders get picked off there? Maybe someone from the club could ask them to find another honey hole? I can understand the frustration of them being there weekend after weekend. The two different times I have come through there they were set up checking sleds. we got waived through because they were busy ticketing others.

Archived