OFSC & Q107

02Sled

While I drive my wife to the subway in the mornings we listen to Q107 and stump the chump. This morning I was suprised to hear one of the prizes up for grabs was a snomobile expeirence for 2 from the OFSC to be held in Wasaga Beach in February. The woman calling in won. Not sure how many of these will be given away but anything to shed a positive light to non sledders is a plus in my mind. If the winners are anything like me they will be hooked. A friend of mine took me for what I thought would be an hour ride. We were out 7. Came back and told my wife. I know I am brave for telling... that I was buying a sled. If she wanted to come along I would get a two up. Two weeks later had a sled.

As long as Corus doesn't buy the OFSC, I'll be happy.

Heard that as well. i thought that was pretty cool

The snowmobile adventure for 2 was once again up as a prize on Stump the Chump this morning. The contestant lost and chose a downtown TO prize at the Delta Chelsea instead. I wonder how long this will be available as a prize for? Each time it is on we have an opportunity to provide a good public image.

Good promo item. I don't recall ever hearing of something like that.

What would really be good would be if they could work in conjunction with either the sled manufacturers or a local dealer to offer a discount on a purchase of a sled and or sled gear as part of the overall package. Occasionally the contestant doesn't win all of the prizes up for grabs and gets to choose. If they choose the snowmobile adventure they are already leaning favourably toward sledding. A discount may well gain a new sledder(s) and for the dealer a long term customer. You don't have to necessarily give anything away that you wouldn't already be doing. I recently was at my local dealer where a customer just negotiated a deal on a sled. They gave her a discount on all the sled accessories, suit helmet etc. If it was presented as a coupon at the event it may even draw them in to a local dealer for a closer look at sleds new and used.

Great idea.

OFSC and Q107.

Good mix.

Hate Q morning crew, just a nut hut full of self centred people who think they are better than they really are, like most of the people that call Toronto home. So I guess they fit in there LOL

But anything the supports sledding and the OFSC, I'll give it a big thumbs up :smil9:

Dweese, I hadn't been a regular Q107 listener for years since 94-9 switched formats in Oshawa. I enjoyed Derringer, but couldn't handle their 25 song classic rock playlist. The Wolf in Peterborough is starting to go the same way (both owned by Corus). That was the reason for my OFSC buyout comment.

91.7 out of Niagara reaches western gta. Enjoying it.

I have to say that I do miss the hey days of CFTR and CHUM going at it with Brady in the morning etc. and thier shenanigans at the CNE and concerts upon concerts what a great time radio will never be the same. To much talk too much news too much negativity in today's radio.

91.7 out of Niagara reaches western gta. Enjoying it.

91.7 or 97.7? We listen to 97.7 out of Niagara all the time at work.

Q, The Wolf, 94.9, even 102.1 seem to suck more and more everyday. Guess what 3 of those are Corus stations.

If your east K Rock 105.7 out of Kingston is good most times of the day.

I've switched to internet Radio, via my BlackBerry, RadioIO.com, guy the runs it worked for Howard Stern on Sirius up until last year when he go smart and did his own thing. Its all talk but if can get in to it, you'll laugh your ass off, it makes my 90min drive to work everyday feel like 15 or 20mins.

crap, went to edit and hit quote :(

Before the Rock, 97.7 was my number 1 preset. 91.7 is a bit sketchy @ times in Oshawa. For variety, Vinyl 95 or Boom.

Start up a conversation w/ anyone in the GTA about Q107 & you'll get a negative comment. I can't believe anyone still listens? I can't believe none of this "word of mouth" doesn't filter back to the "suits" @ Corus?

I have to say that I do miss the hey days of CFTR and CHUM going at it with Brady in the morning etc. and thier shenanigans at the CNE and concerts upon concerts what a great time radio will never be the same. To much talk too much news too much negativity in today's radio.

Walk down memory lane Bill... I used to wait for the Chum charts to come out. We went to Sams to buy the 45's. The CNE trailer just inside the Prince's Gates, the tiny little portable AM radio. I prefer the oldies but my wife and I like stump the chump contest on Q107 so we listen to it while I take her to the subway in the morning.

The rest of the time we listen to the classic rock stations on Sirius. Occasionally we listen to the old radio classics there as well. Red Skelton etc.

Walk down memory lane Bill... I used to wait for the Chum charts to come out. We went to Sams to buy the 45's. The CNE trailer just inside the Prince's Gates, the tiny little portable AM radio. I prefer the oldies but my wife and I like stump the chump contest on Q107 so we listen to it while I take her to the subway in the morning.

The rest of the time we listen to the classic rock stations on Sirius. Occasionally we listen to the old radio classics there as well. Red Skelton etc.

1150 am out of Hamilton has some of that "chum" feel to it

1150 am out of Hamilton has some of that "chum" feel to it

:hyper:

Growing up it was 1050 CHUM all the way, then CHUM FM

Now it is Chey Today or Kool FM here in Barrie.

94.5 The bull is listened to most of the time in my truck but lately its been 106.3 out of Sarnia. They support the Warwick snowmobile club.

I listen to the CBC 94.1 with no advertising on it.Then at work its internet radio Iceberg radio .com http://icebergradio.com something for everyone there.

Guess I am in the minority here. (What else is new?) I listen to Q almost exclusively except for my alarm clock which is set to Rock 95 (Barrie) Better signal at home. I hate waking up to static.

It's amazing the things we will talk about when we don't have snow. As soon as the trails open up these dialogues will likely all but disapperar. I have really gotten hooked on Sirius... If you haven't listended to it they have a dedicated channel for the 50's music another for the 60's, the 70's etc. I believe they have one for the 80's as well but it is hard to find music from the 80's that didn't suck. There was a radio station that did a complete show not that long ago and called it Music from the 80's that didn't suck. At $14.99 per month it is more than I wanted to spend but I searched online for promos and found a promo code that got me down to $6.11 per month. Not a lot of advertising either.

I listen to 91.7 classic rock from Welland/Port Colborne. They play OFSC commercials too. :rockon:

I listen to 91.7 classic rock from Welland/Port Colborne. They play OFSC commercials too. :rockon:

I can get that in my truck in Uxbridge its good classic rock and 50 minutes of no commercials is the best!

Man I have so many radio stations programmed it is unbelievable...i mainlylisten to the mighty Q only for two things Stump the chump and Pyschadlic Sundays...97.7, 107.9 and the Giant out of the Thunder Bay are great

Archived