Wawa packing Trails

FINNDIAN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great news for the north...

Good evening can anyone tell if Lake Wawa is frozen or staked? Does it seem possible to be able to ride over the holidays? These goes out to all the hard working people who work so hard to get these trails ready hats of too all of you. If i was closer to you i would most gladly volunteer my time for all of you.

great news gord! thank you guys for trying to get some trails in before the holidays. my hat is off to you guys. ski

Wawa lake froze over a few days ago. It won't be staked until there's Plenty of ice. We'll use trail 5 to acess D to dubrueilville until then (we always do with the groomers anyway)

Opening is slow as we have a ton of trees pulled down on the trails by the heavy snow. With the manpower we have I'm not sure how quick we can make things happen but we'll concentrate on hooking up with Dubruilville first.

Its going to be a big job with all those trees pulled down in the trails, a trip that would take me 7 hrs took me 11 last night, theres lot's of snow on the D at some point the snow would run up on the front of the track.... now when that dose that its an indication that there a good amount of snow, just look any picture of my groomer and you will see how high that is.

I included a picture to show you, Look at where the track turns and is gets falt after the turn.... snow was going up on the first few cleats.

Picture was taken late November.

2nov26003.jpg

You don't know how good this makes me feel. I generally ride in Michigan but I always buy a OFSC permit to support the clubs. I guess I may ride in Wawa early this year.

Gotta get the breakin miles on the new sled

You don't know how good this makes me feel. I generally ride in Michigan but I always buy a OFSC permit to support the clubs. I guess I may ride in Wawa early this year.

check my blog for current updates and live pictures. of the Dubreuilville and wawa area this winter

http://groomerguy.blogspot.com/

Welcome to the board Dara! You will enjoy this site!

Welcome to the board Dara! You will enjoy this site!

Thankyou

sir...I think I will

Great job to all the hard working people trying to get the trails ready early. Can someone tell me if they sent a groomer from wawa to the warm up shack?

Great job to all the hard working people trying to get the trails ready early. Can someone tell me if they sent a groomer from wawa to the warm up shack?

You can look on facebook. Wawa Sno Riders

They are trying to cut their way from town through the trails due to all the trees pulled down from heavy snow. They have to go south around the lake and back up using trail #5 to conect to Hawk Junction. Once that far, the trail north to connect to the Dubreuilville Trails will be wider and hopefully have much less to clear before grooming.

This is the kind of work utilities pay mega bucks to have done and these guys are pushing through it on their own time after working all day!

My hat is off to all of them! Thank you!

It's now packed to the end of trail 5 to meet with the D past the end of Wawa Lake. This should be the worst of it. It all depends on how much ice is on Hawk Lake whether D can be officailly opened once we get it groomed to the warmup shack though. We should know later this week how it all turns out.

It's now packed to the end of trail 5 to meet with the D past the end of Wawa Lake. This should be the worst of it. It all depends on how much ice is on Hawk Lake whether D can be officailly opened once we get it groomed to the warmup shack though. We should know later this week how it all turns out.

GOOD Job guys!!! I can just Imagine how bad your end, good luck keep up the great work.

Russ has our Argo out today packing the Swamps on trail 3 so we don't lose a groomer or two in there (again). If all goes well we'll have the D trail groomed to Hawk Junction tonight and Dubruilville warmup shack tomorrow night. fingers crossed.

Hey myself and another guy are looking at coming up next week after Christmas and staying in Wawa or Dubreuilville. Its ganna be quite a trip (11 hours) but this is our only time off this year. Should we bet on the Hawk Lake being frozen by then? Can you bypass it using the shoulder of the highway to get onto the D trail up to Dubreuilville if we stay in Wawa? Should we come at all? We have been on/off all week on coming up. I have been following the blogs on the hour to try and make a decision. This would be the first time coming to Canada snowmobiling but ive actually fished out of Whitefish Lodge for the last 10 years. Let me know what you guys think one way or the other.

Jim

Hey myself and another guy are looking at coming up next week after Christmas and staying in Wawa or Dubreuilville. Its ganna be quite a trip (11 hours) but this is our only time off this year. Should we bet on the Hawk Lake being frozen by then? Can you bypass it using the shoulder of the highway to get onto the D trail up to Dubreuilville if we stay in Wawa? Should we come at all? We have been on/off all week on coming up. I have been following the blogs on the hour to try and make a decision. This would be the first time coming to Canada snowmobiling but ive actually fished out of Whitefish Lodge for the last 10 years. Let me know what you guys think one way or the other.

Jim

Jim,

I live an hour north of you just over the state line. I am going and it should be all around decent riding. I cannot say if Hawk Lake will be good enough for them to bless, but if not, stay in Dubreuilville and you should be able to run down to Hawk Junction and play around in different directions from Dub. They are ice fishing some of the lakes. I would not go near Wawa Lake or any big ones, although I see some tracks following the shore on the Wawa Lake Web Cam. I think I will find a way around Hawk Lake if it can not be ridden. I have done it years ago. The network will not be complete, but you will be able to scratch the itch and get to know the comunities in a different way than when you are zooming around the province on a saddle bag tour.

Dubreuilville Mill Apartments are open and have two beds in each for $65/night and a kitchen if you choose to cook. You can call (705) 884-2525 and hit "5" for Eric Levesque. Leave a message as he will be gone tomorrow, but back Friday 12/23/11. There are like 6 apartments to rent or call (877) 637-8010 in the afternoon and they can help you find a B&B in town.

You will probably see me if you go up.

Scott

Jim,

I live an hour north of you just over the state line. I am going and it should be all around decent riding. I cannot say if Hawk Lake will be good enough for them to bless, but if not, stay in Dubreuilville and you should be able to run down to Hawk Junction and play around in different directions from Dub. They are ice fishing some of the lakes. I would not go near Wawa Lake or any big ones, although I see some tracks following the shore on the Wawa Lake Web Cam. I think I will find a way around Hawk Lake if it can not be ridden. I have done it years ago. The network will not be complete, but you will be able to scratch the itch and get to know the comunities in a different way than when you are zooming around the province on a saddle bag tour.

Dubreuilville Mill Apartments are open and have two beds in each for $65/night and a kitchen if you choose to cook. You can call (705) 884-2525 and hit "5" for Eric Levesque. Leave a message as he will be gone tomorrow, but back Friday 12/23/11. There are like 6 apartments to rent or call (877) 637-8010 in the afternoon and they can help you find a B&B in town.

You will probably see me if you go up.

Scott

thanks Scott you guys are helping me by doing th replys that helps alot :) you guys know as much as me.

gord i saw the pics of trail 3 , that is great news. trail 3 has always been my favorite. its great to possibly have the loops again on both ends. with the loops open in wawa and dub. hopefully people will make either town their main destination for a trip rather than just riding through on the top trail and staying a night before moving on. there are certainly enough miles to ride for many days in either town. thanks for all the work

Archived