good road running - snow squall shake down ride

slomo

Beautiful sunny skies this afternoon - once the snowblowing was done, time to get the sled out on some back roads covered in over a foot of powdery snow. With all the prep work done on the new machine, time to take it out for a shake down.

post-19713-0-69300600-1323550316_thumb.j

Got in about 24 kilometers - found out sled likes to throw up snow well - can't wait to take ms. slomo on back as passenger as no doubt she will like this as well. Former sled - touring couch - used to dig itself a nice trench and settle comfortably in it. New machine floats on snow. Following break in procedures, but reached a speed of about 100 kph quite easily, then ran out of straight road. post-19713-0-90811400-1323550329_thumb.j

Only drawback I could find was that the mirrors were totally useless - unless I wanted to see if the arms of my coat were still attached after reaching such lofty speeds. Looks like I'll be attaching a couple of those round concave add - ons in order to see behind. (sorry if anyone behind me today got held up)

post-19713-0-23580200-1323550342_thumb.j

Fuel gauge has not budged from full tank yet.

ahh man, just beutiful..

Beautiful sunny skies this afternoon - once the snowblowing was done, time to get the sled out on some back roads covered in over a foot of powdery snow. With all the prep work done on the new machine, time to take it out for a shake down.

post-19713-0-69300600-1323550316_thumb.jpg

Got in about 24 kilometers - found out sled likes to throw up snow well - can't wait to take ms. slomo on back as passenger as no doubt she will like this as well. Former sled - touring couch - used to dig itself a nice trench and settle comfortably in it. New machine floats on snow. Following break in procedures, but reached a speed of about 100 kph quite easily, then ran out of straight road. post-19713-0-90811400-1323550329_thumb.jpg

Only drawback I could find was that the mirrors were totally useless - unless I wanted to see if the arms of my coat were still attached after reaching such lofty speeds. Looks like I'll be attaching a couple of those round concave add - ons in order to see behind. (sorry if anyone behind me today got held up)

post-19713-0-23580200-1323550342_thumb.jpg

Fuel gauge has not budged from full tank yet.

I am a pretty good sized guy and I find the mirrors okay? I sit tall in the seat too. They adjust out pretty far. Glad you like the new sled!

Looks like a good time....

Great Report! Looks like I have my work cut out to keep up with reports this year! :right_on: :right_on:

I am a pretty good sized guy and I find the mirrors okay? I sit tall in the seat too. They adjust out pretty far. Glad you like the new sled!

Me too, Fred...I'm tall as well, and the mirrors work fine for me.

slomo, I think Fred is right...the secret is to adjust them out as wide as they'll go, and then they should be OK.

Looks like you had lots of new snow and some good backroads to play on.

I just wish they were a teenie bit bigger for a better field of view. As riding a Doo..you really need to worry about what's behind you. You are never following! Nice to know when the poos or cats or yammies break down! Hee hee!

wow !!! lots of snow ..the trail looks great...glad you got out for a tour on the new sled...cheers

Slomo. Your road looks a lot like the ones I ran today near McKellar. Did about 50km. Got to love seasonal cottage roads for early season sled break-in!

Looks like rain this week, but maybe for next weekend......'conditions' were pretty good on Sunday at the end of Lorimer Lake Rd past the Tim Horton's camp. Summer maintenance only past the camp and for most of the way around Lorimer Lake.

Looks like rain this week, but maybe for next weekend......'conditions' were pretty good on Sunday at the end of Lorimer Lake Rd past the Tim Horton's camp. Summer maintenance only past the camp and for most of the way around Lorimer Lake.

That's exactly where I ran last weekend!!! To bad we didn't meet up with each other.

I just wish they were a teenie bit bigger for a better field of view. As riding a Doo..you really need to worry about what's behind you. You are never following! Nice to know when the poos or cats or yammies break down! Hee hee!

Are you sure.Maybe you were so far behind that you thought you were first.

It's true. We try to keep the 'doo's in front so we know when to break out the tow rope! :evil2:

I got my sled out for a little rip. We don't really have enough snow but I stayed where the plow has piled it up. I figured with the up coming weather I'd better get the paint on my exhaust cured! 2.5 miles on the odometer. I can't wait for more!

Archived